Vista Suites

raffeer

Two questions-

1. Can someone who has been in a Vista on deck 6 comment on noise from the orchestra pit below (deck 5). Other possible negatives?

2. Has anyone been in both Owner and Vista suites? We've had an Owners and we may be in a Vista for Asia. How do the two compare?

Thanks,

Beatrice

Stayed in #6002, one of the cabins you're asking about, on the Pacific Princess in Tahiti. Lots of noise in the morning when docking or anchoring which was no big deal to us since we're early risers. Also, never noticed any noise from the showroom since we were never in our cabin at those times. We were not crazy about the bedroom layout, the room is a little pie shaped from the ship's front contour. Also, your visibility from the verandah isn't that great; you would be much better on deck 7.

We visited another couple in one of the aft suites, we liked it much better, particularly because we love the aft, wake, cabins, but, who's to complain, we were upgraded by Princess from one of the minis. I'm sure that's why Oceania differs between the fore and aft suites pricewise, the afts being preferred.

Have been in both the front and back Owner and Vista many times.. so the only real difference is that in the am, afternoon, evening- or whenever they have something to do up there, you will have the crew doing their work in the front of the ship. It is quite interesting for a day or two then it gets old! At times you feel, we did that we were lacking our privacy as there can be guys around the front at many times of the day- so if you are just lounging about in cabin - may feel a bit uncomfortable depending on what is going on in your cabin ;-)

Basically they are the same - all the same amenities. A wee bit different as to the layout ( front has a window really neat round thing for views off the side)- furniture, bathrooms, etc same.

I don't recall noise from either front or back cabins coming in from any venue on the ship- although I tend to play nice jazz on the CD player at all times ;-)so that can drown out any unwanted noise.

Soot can be a problem as the wind blows.. but have had that problem while out by the pool on this ship and others so that is cruisin' and just deal with it or as our friends said about soot problems, open your umbrella ;-)

Both cabins are lovely...though I found the water pressure in the showers of the owner's suite on the Insignia very poor. The ship's plumbers were unable to adjust it. The owner's suite has great views off the aft. The vista suite is somewhat smaller and has a view that includes the forward deck of the ship ...which is not attractive to look at. Aside from the noise, the vista suite also vibrates a great deal when anchoring.

Both cabins are lovely...though I found the water pressure in the showers of the owner's suite on the Insignia very poor. The ship's plumbers were unable to adjust it. The owner's suite has great views off the aft. The vista suite is somewhat smaller and has a view that includes the forward deck of the ship ...which is not attractive to look at. Aside from the noise, the vista suite also vibrates a great deal when anchoring.

Ya know now that you mention it.. the water pressure had never been good in any owners suite on any of the "R" ships...

Ya know now that you mention it.. the water pressure had never been good in any owners suite on any of the "R" ships...

One of the reasons we're staying in the Vista suite on the next cruise. In the Vista, I can deal with the vibration and noise while anchoring ...but found the lack of water pressure in the owner's suite shower to be very inconvenient.

Sounds to me like these Vista Suites aren't much good. I think everyone should avoid them. We try to help Oceania when we can, so Sherry and I would sacrifice by taking an [empty] one at the "B" cabin rate on our next cruise....

Just call it our little contribution to the cause. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I am with you! I would love to upgrade to a suite. We are on the 7th deck in an "A" veranda ... think that's what it is called. Our first Oceania cruise is on March 18th. Although I am excited, I think our cabin is going to be smaller that what we have had on other cruise lines. I think it will still be nice ... have heard so many nice things about Oceania.

Archived