Beach in Belize ?

bob&france

Could anyone please walk me through an option whereby we get off the ship and get to a beach either by taxi or public transport. I will have 6 teens to pay for and need the cheapest option available?

Many thanks,

Bob

Could anyone please walk me through an option whereby we get off the ship and get to a beach either by taxi or public transport. I will have 6 teens to pay for and need the cheapest option available?

Many thanks,

Bob

I don't think there are any beaches other than Bannister Island to really speak of unless you take a water taxi over to Caye Caulker or Ambergris Caye. Any of those are not accessible by road

I don't think there are any beaches other than Bannister Island to really speak of unless you take a water taxi over to Caye Caulker or Ambergris Caye. Any of those are not accessible by road

Your best bet is to book a trip to one of the cays. There are a few trips available at the tenderdock or online. We have been to Bannister and it was pretty nice, but there are others. Your other options are thru the cruiseline or take a water taxi to Ambergris or Caye Caulker like tnt sugggested.

Just take the tender ride in for the fun of the high speed tender. It's about 20 minutes or so. Look around a bit at the small port and maybe grab a cold drink at the Wet Lizard.

The teens will enjoy the tender ride, mine loves it. Last time we were tendering back and the dolphins were following us.......it was great!

We're going for New Years and there will be 6 other ships the day we are there:eek: We will just tender in whenever we feel like it, stop at the Wet Lizard and people watch and then tender back to hang out on the ship.

Do you still need to wait in the lounge early for a tender ticket if you're not in a hurry? Last time we tendered, although it was years ago, you just walked off and got on the boat.

I think, but am not sure........if you book an excursion through the ship you receive a priority tender ticket. Some excursions like the snorkel pick you right up from the ship.

We went on our own and just "showed up" when we were ready, no ticket was needed.

We have essentially decided to make this port a sea day.

However, after reading some other presentations, we might consider Bannister Island if the price and mode of transport are within reason. Therefore. I would appreciate your advice vis-a-vis the following inquiries:

1. Is there a fee to enter the aforesaid island?

2. If so, how much?

3. Are there water taxis available for transport to said island?

4.Again, if so, how much?

Vis-a-vis numbers 3., and 4., were in Grenada in April; and, we were delighted with the water taxis to Grand Anse. It was an interesting ride, and the cost was only $4.00, per person each way.

that Belize was supposed to be a great place to snorkle? Is that not correct? LuAnn

It is a great place to snorkel, but you have to take a boat trip out to the reef or to one of the cayes. There isn't anything available near Belize City on the mainland. Not that I have found anyway.

Some of the best coral that I have seen has been in Belize and Roatan.

Archived