TAXI Fares-Havensight Pier

Can I ask how the beach was at Coki Beach? Was the snorkeling good? Also, your thoughts on Coral World-we have an 11 and 15 year old boys-Are there restrooms/food/drink on Coki Beach? Was it crowded? We would be going in August on a Tuesday-we will be on the Carnival Freedom. Debating on staying on St.Thomas or venturing to St John again-last time did Trunk Bay with tour-thinking about doing it on our own time. Not sure so I need suggestions!

Was it a nice beach without locals selling things-we want to chill out, snorkel, and just relax for the day. Do you know anything about Magens Beach as compared to Coki Beach? Thanks so much!

Took this in St Thomas last week (6/17) thought this would be useful!:)

avnbk2.jpg

Forgive my total dense question but is this each way, or round trip? Perhaps they give you a slip showing paid to get back... or this is per 'leg'?

If I'm reading right, a trip to coral world for 4 would be $36 total or each way?

Can I ask how the beach was at Coki Beach? Was the snorkeling good? Also, your thoughts on Coral World-we have an 11 and 15 year old boys-Are there restrooms/food/drink on Coki Beach? Was it crowded? We would be going in August on a Tuesday-we will be on the Carnival Freedom. Debating on staying on St.Thomas or venturing to St John again-last time did Trunk Bay with tour-thinking about doing it on our own time. Not sure so I need suggestions!

Was it a nice beach without locals selling things-we want to chill out, snorkel, and just relax for the day. Do you know anything about Magens Beach as compared to Coki Beach? Thanks so much!

Honestly, we have been to Coki beach several times. Each visit, Coki seems to get worse.:(

The beach itself is really nice and the snorkeling is good. This past time the loitering and the amount of vendor's really bugged me so we skipped and went to Coral World for the day. If you want to use the restrooms walk over to the Coral World area. The restrooms on Coki are just....unsanitary looking and smelling. LOL!:eek:

Coral World is a little run down, however, we liked it. The sea lion demonstration was fantastic! We spent several hours looking at the aquarium, feeding the lorikeets, petting sting rays (ewww!) and walking the nature trail. My kids (ages 9 & 15) enjoyed the day!

We went to Megan's Beach once and it was nice. There is a $4 per person entrance fee and then you pay for chair rentals. I didn't think the snorkeling was good at all.

Our favorite beach by far has been Sapphire Beach and then St John's. Both of these beaches have unique qualities and beautiful scenery for back drops. The reason Sapphire get's top notch is it's easier to get to! Snorkeling at Sapphire was good as well! ;)

Hope this helps!

If I'm reading right, a trip to coral world for 4 would be $36 total or each way?

Yes, it's one way!:eek: I know, expensive.

On top of the taxi fare, Coral World is $60 for a family pass. It cost our family of four, $132 for taxi and Coral World.

The same excursion through the cruise line was $52 per person.:eek: With the extra savings we went up to Paradise Point in the morning. That was $18 for adults and $9 for kids.

Floridagirl68,

Thanks for your help. Sapphire Beach sounds the best for snorkeling.Do you have any pics of this beach? We are debating on either Sapphire or ferry to St John-gets pricey and you have to worry about "getting back" etc...we did love Trunk Bay and the scenery is unbelievable. I wanted to see some pics of Sapphire if you or anyone has some. Thanks again! We can't wait to go!

There was a place to rent snorkel equipment and kayaks. I'm not sure if the facilities are still there. Things change all the time;)

When we were there, light snacks were available and someone came to take our lunch order. Again, not sure if that is still available. There is no restaurant any more.:(

SapphireBeach2.jpg

Yes, it's one way!:eek: I know, expensive.

On top of the taxi fare, Coral World is $60 for a family pass. It cost our family of four, $132 for taxi and Coral World.

The same excursion through the cruise line was $52 per person.:eek: With the extra savings we went up to Paradise Point in the morning. That was $18 for adults and $9 for kids.

Thanks so much floridagirl68..... Guess I'll be hitting my uncle up that lives there! Perhaps he can drive us roundtrip and we can pay his coralworld entrance!!! Did you guys eat lunch at coral world? If so, how was it?

Thanks so much floridagirl68..... Guess I'll be hitting my uncle up that lives there! Perhaps he can drive us roundtrip and we can pay his coralworld entrance!!! Did you guys eat lunch at coral world? If so, how was it?
Wow, I would love to have family in St Thomas;)! I bet the tickets are less for him being a resident! :confused:

The ship didn't get into port until 11am so we had a big breakfast before our day started.

They have a small "grill" type shack when you first walk in the park. It looked like burgers and fries were being served.

The iguana's are very aggressive and were coming up to the picnic tables! AAHH! I don't like them, but my kid's sure got a kick out of them. :D

Wow, I would love to have family in St Thomas;)! I bet the tickets are less for him being a resident! :confused:

The ship didn't get into port until 11am so we had a big breakfast before our day started.

They have a small "grill" type shack when you first walk in the park. It looked like burgers and fries were being served.

The iguana's are very aggressive and were coming up to the picnic tables! AAHH! I don't like them, but my kid's sure got a kick out of them. :D

I think you're right about the locals tix... so a better deal if I can get him to join us!

iguanas = snakes with feet. icky...... we're on the same itinerary/ship you were so will just do the food the same way you did to stay away from them!

thanks again!

How far is it from the pier to the shopping district? I just started researching St. Thomas and daughter wanted to make sure to get some shopping in. How much would the taxi run if not within in a c omfortable walk?

Thanks,

Joy

How far is it from the pier to the shopping district? I just started researching St. Thomas and daughter wanted to make sure to get some shopping in. How much would the taxi run if not within in a c omfortable walk?

Thanks,

Joy

The taxi fare is $4 per person each way. Hopefully your asking about the main shopping in Town. There are several shops at the cruise terminal but nothing like town.

My husband and I walked it once, never again!:eek: Since it has been several years (2002) I am guessing 30-40 minutes.

A lot of the pavement is extremely uneven (cracked and potholes) and many areas have standing muddy water.

It can be done, it's just not the most comfortable walk!;)

Archived