princess tea party?

joceehadlei

LOL....... Do not worry...... First off it is only offered on the longer cruises. 7days or longer. Second, it use to be tea with Wendy and now it is tea with Akice & Mad Hatter. The event is free. You just have to go to Guest Services when you get on the ship and ask for tickets for all who want to attend. We have been several times and have never had problems getting tickets and have only had a full house one time. The event is cruise casual. The kids just wear shorts. You sit at individual tables set up in groups of 2-4. The tables will have 2-4 Choc. chip cookies and cold tea sitting there. Alice's table is up front. She comes in and starts telling a story. Mad Hatter runs in and she talks to him and adds to the story. You sip your tea with her and bite your cookies. She finishes her story & invites you up to take pictures if you want. Cute, but not a big deal.:) Just go to GS and get your free easy to obtain tickets.

If Mad Hatter was not there, he must have been "sick" and they had to do it with a little twist.... We have been (2) -Tea with Wendy parties & (2) with Alice. There were a couple of cruises, we skipped. We only did them the last couple of cruises, because it had been changed from Wendy to Alice. Both of those "parties" were the same from one year to the next.

I do think the younger boys would be good with the party. There are always a couple of boys there. The younger ones seem to like it. After all, they are getting to eat "cookies" LOL....

Yes you can go to Guest Services as soon as you get on the ship and get your tickets. Not a "Mad" rush (lol) for them though. We always wait until after late dinner the first night and have never had a problem getting them. I wait because GS is always soooo crowded right away.

Yes the parents are required to stay. There are no CM there to supervise the kids. The characters just put on a show say to speak. They rap in tea with telling a story. When you go to GS, just tell them your SR # and how many tickets you want. Last cruise, they did ask me the names of the people attending and the tickets actually printed with our names. Nice little keep sake.;)

If Mad Hatter was not there, he must have been "sick" and they had to do it with a little twist.... We have been (2) -Tea with Wendy parties & (2) with Alice. There were a couple of cruises, we skipped. We only did them the last couple of cruises, because it had been changed from Wendy to Alice. Both of those "parties" were the same from one year to the next.

I do think the younger boys would be good with the party. There are always a couple of boys there. The younger ones seem to like it. After all, they are getting to eat "cookies" LOL....

Yes you can go to Guest Services as soon as you get on the ship and get your tickets. Not a "Mad" rush (lol) for them though. We always wait until after late dinner the first night and have never had a problem getting them. I wait because GS is always soooo crowded right away.

Yes the parents are required to stay. There are no CM there to supervise the kids. The characters just put on a show say to speak. They rap in tea with telling a story. When you go to GS, just tell them your SR # and how many tickets you want. Last cruise, they did ask me the names of the people attending and the tickets actually printed with our names. Nice little keep sake.;)

From what we experienced and from what I've read on the disboards the Mad Hatter is no longer part of it and the story is a little different than what previous cruisers have experienced :confused: Maybe it's part of budget cuts?

From what we experienced and from what I've read on the disboards the Mad Hatter is no longer part of it and the story is a little different than what previous cruisers have experienced :confused: Maybe it's part of budget cuts?

Now that sucks.... Did not see that on the DIS either... He was there in March. We cruise every year, but could have changed.... That would suck since he was such a big part. They should then just go back to Wendy Darling then. At least she picked kids out of the audience to participate. Maybe we should have tea with TINK.... That is my vote.;)

Now that is cool..... I have complained in at least 5 cruises about it being tea in the pots. I have even written a letter explaining how tea is not traditionally given to children. Even throwing in some medical information. The reply I got back was that you can choose not to partake in the beverage if you do not care to. As in some countries tea was actually customary for all ages. Also informing me that they had already adjusted it by serving cold tea. So I just gave up.... Did not argue it again after the letter/response. I have always heard children saying in the party comments about how the tea taste. ;)

Archived