gluten free

lifeonthego

I can't give you any information on what Carnival has to offer celiacs. I do have a friend who suffers from Gluten intolerance. He contacted carnival's special needs department and asked if RedBridge gluten free beer was available on board. He was told that since no gluten free beer was available he could bring his own supply so he brought a case with him on the Conquest. I wouldn't suggest trying this without clearing it with the cruise line in advance.

Looking for gluten free info on Fascination?

From all reports, Carnival is very good about dealing with folks with Celiac and other gluten-free requirements. Contact their Special Needs Department, and they'll set you on the way to a great gluten-free cruise, including a personalized diet to your specifications -- including fresh gluten free bread. I'm sure one of the several gluten-free posters will pop up soon enough with more details for you.

Contact special needs, as suggested above. I was at a table on Fascination in Dec. with a man who was gluten free. He had notified them ahead, and they were waiting for him in the dining room. they consulted over the menu every night for the next day. they had gluten free bread and made several dishes special for him that were not on the menu. He had already been in contact with someone in the Lido who took good care of him there. I think the chef was enjoying the challenge. EM

I am on a gluten free diet and have traveled on Glory and Inspiration so far (Freedom in Sept). My experience on Glory was absolutely wonderful...they made me special dishes every night....by working with the hostess. They offered gluten free bread and pasta as well. On Inspiration, it was a little more limited (likely because it's a smaller ship and only a 4 day cruise) but I did get to enjoy gluten free bread with my meals and french toast for breakfast in the dining room. I completed a form and faxed it to the Special Needs department. Then on your first night of dinner, the host/hostess will contact you to assist you with planning your meals. Funny - on our last cruise, some of my table mates thought I was a food critic, because the hostess was always coming to me with the menu and checking up on me. LOL! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Looking for gluten free info on Fascination?

Welcome to cruise critic. You will find lots of great info from a lot of great people.

I have been Celiac for about 16 months now. I was diagnosed last March and had my first GF cruise in April of last year. I was on the Glory and they were fabulous! You should definitely contact special services before you go. You fill out a form and mail or fax it to them. You should do this at least a couple of weeks before you sail. They will tell you at special services when they need it by. They are very nice and helpful.

Once I was on the ship, the first night I mentioned it to the Maitre'd and he sent over the hostess. Her name was Natalja and she was wonderful. Every night she brought the next days menu and let me pick what I wanted ahead of time. If there was something on the regular menu I wanted, most times they could modify and make it GF. I had cheesecake, chocolate melting cake, steaks, caesar salad,gluten free bread every night with dinner, french toast in the dining room and eggs benedict(without english muffin) in the dining room. I have heard you can get GF pizza if you order the day before. I didn't know this so I have not tried it. The food was great. I had pasta in the dining room also that was GF. The only time I got a little sick was after the first lunch, as soon as you board, at the lido buffet. But that was MY FAULT. I was not that careful I believe with my selections. I was never sick the rest of the cruise. Now you have to remember I was only diagnosed less than a month at that time. So I was a Celiac newbie back then. Now I am much more knowledgable about my food.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. You can be Celiac and have a wonderful time on a cruise ship. Good luck to you. We are going again next year and I can't wait.

Maybe others who have had experience on Fascination can help you also. Carnival really goes out of their way to help those of us that need a GF diet.

Also, at the buffet you can ask to talk to one of the chefs if you are nut sure about any of the food there. I did have a cheeseburger without bun and grilled chicken at the grill.

You will have a great time. I usually gain at least 5 pounds on a cruise. I didn't think I would gain anything bc of having to go GF. Boy was I wrong. I ate and ate tons of delicious food and not that I am happy about it, but I did gain 2 pounds. LOL. Most Celiacs wouldn't gain weight bc they are afraid to eat. You do not need to feel that way on a cruise ship

I am Celiac, and just returned home from Alaska aboard the Rhapsody, RCCL. It was fantastic. My waiter went over the next nights menu with me every night before I left the dining room. They had GF poundcake in the Wind Jammer every meal.... and I have to say, it was yummy! I've been gluten free for nearly 3 years and had never had pound cake. =)

I don't have any experience on the ship you are asking about, but I am very interested in this thread and the responses, since I want to take my kids on our next cruise. All 3 have Celiac, and two are deathly allergic to nuts. That should be interesting to try to plan.

On a side note, I toured the galley on the Rhapsody and was told that they have 2 chefs onboard who do *nothing* but tend to those with special dietary needs. We never see them, but they are there! =)

Archived