Trevor Hudlin was terrific!

alaskancruzr

We just returned from our cruise on the Dawn Princess. We had booked well in advance for exclusive service from Trevor for our day in Montego Bay. He was fantastic during the booking process, even calling me to confirm plans. When our port time was cut just weeks before we sailed, Trevor worked with us to make the most of our limited time. He is interesting, well-informed, friendly and extremely helpful. When we wanted to stop for some shopping he helped us avoid any of the hassles and find just what we wanted. We look forward to returning in the future and seeing much more - with Trevor as our guide. We give him our highest recommendation!!

Thanks for posting about Trevor!! We have booked him for our upcoming trip in March.. We will mainly be using him to take us from place to place and the price really is about what we would pay for a taxi but thought it would be nice to have someone to take us everywhere we needed to go without being harrassed by the taxi drivers and just the security of knowing someone will be there waiting for us.. Cant wait till I can post about our wonderful experience!!..

We recently used Trevors' services and we found him to be an excellent guide. Hubby was a little nervous about taking a private tour with someone we really didn't know anything about except what we'd read on message boards, so we agreed in advance that when we came off the ship if we felt at all uncomfortable we'd just walk by and not take the tour, but from the moment we saw Trevor holding up his sign we felt completely comfortable. It happened to be our anniversary the day we were in Ocho Rios and I had asked Trevor via email if he could possibly do something to let hubby know I wanted him to have a special day. He went out of his way and bought a lil rose with a teddy bear that said I love you and a little gift and he presented it to my hubby for me. Hubby was thrilled that I found a way to let him know he is special. Trevor is really a super guy to have gone out of his way to help me. We did the horseback ride, dunns river falls, rode around off the beaten path a bit and really enjoyed Trevors knowledge and relaxed style. He stopped along the road several times to pick local fauna and told us about it, he even purchased some sugar cane for us to taste. The things he showed us are little pieces of knowledge I will always keep and likely would never had learned on a large group tour.

The horseback ride was good, although we were a bit uncomfortable with the route taken on horseback, it was just hubby and I and our young guide Jeramy, and after the stories I have heard about Jamaica we felt a little unsure, but we did enjoy it. The horses seemed in ok health, they could have used some TLC, like a good brushing... but it sounds like this is the norm in Jamaica.

Our entry fees to the falls and horseback ride was included in the tour price. It sounds as though there are cheaper tours available that do not include entrance fees, and I suppose if I had realized this in advance I may have opted for the least expensive one, but I don't regret for a second choosing Trevor, and definately will look him up if we ever return to Jamaica.

We also went to the shops, which I did not care for at all....I cannot deal with pushy salespeople nor people that follow you around, nor peddlers... and Jamaica is really bad for this. Trevor had mentioned that he wondered why the cruiseships chose other ports over Jamaica and I would guess it has something to do with this fact. Cruiselines listen to feedback from their guests and I can imagine Jamaica rates low because of the hucksters and pushy salespeople.

I spent about 3 minutes at the shops and went back to the van, told Trevor I had wanted to buy some rum but couldn't deal with the pushy sales people, and he took us to the grocery store! I went in and bought my rum at probably a lesser price and didn't have to deal with pushy salespeople, and got a glimpse of real life in Jamaica, which is exactly what I prefer to see.

To sum it up, Trevor Hudlin is an excellent, licensed guide who will give you a very interesting, catered to your tastes tour at a reasonable price.

Lin P

Newark DE

Archived