Air Tran and Schedules

eddiesgal

I noticed that from FLL to Pittsburgh on Feb 6, 2010, the schedule for the only non stop that we could get after our cruise in Miami would be a 3:50PM. I've also checked dates that are much closer and they have non stops at I believe 12:35 to Pittsburgh.

My question is, will airtran open up additional flights as February gets nearer so should we hold out for a better timed flight?

Thanks in advance for your kind responses:)

I noticed that from FLL to Pittsburgh on Feb 6, 2010, the schedule for the only non stop that we could get after our cruise in Miami would be a 3:50PM. I've also checked dates that are much closer and they have non stops at I believe 12:35 to Pittsburgh.

My question is, will airtran open up additional flights as February gets nearer so should we hold out for a better timed flight?

Well, they MAY put on another earlier flight, or they may not. There is no guarantee that you could make a 12:35 out of FLL, even if they had one. If I read your post correctly, your ship arrives in Miami, and you want to fly out of FLL. There is some extra travel time and logistics involved there, vs. flying out of MIA.

If it were me, I would book the 3:50 PM departure, and be done with it.

Enjoy your trip,

AG

From my experience, Air tran cuts out flights, rather than opening up more flights. I had a non stop schedule from FLL to Pgh on Sept 21st for my upcoming cruise. They eliminated the flight altogether. I think the nonstop flights are the first to go if they are nut full, as they can pick up more passengers on a flight with a stop. I ended up having to switch my flight to one from Miami to Pgh, with a stop. They also eliminated my flight to Florida, (we were stopping in Orlando prior to the cruise), so you really need to watch your schedule carefully.

Thanks so much for the advice. I will go with the 3:50 out of FLL and be certain to watch my flights carefully for any changes that may occur.

If you need transfers, sastransportation is great. Used many times from FLL Very reasonable too.

Archived