Beaches around Calica

goofbros

Any suggestions on a nice beach area? Just looking for cold drinks, good sand, some shade, lounge chairs and maybe something to float on or a kayak?

Also, any ideas on the best way to get to the beaches?

Any help would be greatly appreiciated!

• 2 weeks later...
$5 cab ride to PDC at 5thAve and Juarez. walk 50 yards and you're on the beach. Head north along the sand and stop at the first beach club playing the type of music you like. Sit, get waited on, drink, eat, play, and enjoy

Snork has got it right. Best beach around and easy to get to. If you want some good food, try Las Bresas on 5th. The drinks on the beach were so cold that they would have hurt my teeth if I had any.:D

• 3 months later...

I'm going to move this one up again in hopes of some feedback. I am taking my 12 year old son on a cruise 11/30. We stop in Cozumel 12/2 and Calica 12/3. I was going to go to Paradise Beach in Cozumel but notice that is the busiest day of the month with 8 ships and a port load of 22,400. Can you say, "NO WAY!!" So, that being said, I was hoping for some advice about beaches in Calica. We love to snorkel, and was hoping for something that may have something for my son to do, like PB does with the water toys. Anyone know of any kid friendly beaches in Calica? I have a back up of Playa Uvas in Cozumel should I need it, but while nice, doesn't offer much beyond snorkeling.

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

I'm going to move this one up again in hopes of some feedback. I am taking my 12 year old son on a cruise 11/30. We stop in Cozumel 12/2 and Calica 12/3. I was going to go to Paradise Beach in Cozumel but notice that is the busiest day of the month with 8 ships and a port load of 22,400. Can you say, "NO WAY!!" So, that being said, I was hoping for some advice about beaches in Calica. We love to snorkel, and was hoping for something that may have something for my son to do, like PB does with the water toys. Anyone know of any kid friendly beaches in Calica? I have a back up of Playa Uvas in Cozumel should I need it, but while nice, doesn't offer much beyond snorkeling.

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

There are two "waterparks on steroids" very close by Calica:

Xel-Ha - http://www.xelha.com/

Xcaret - http://www.xcaret.com/

Pricey but guaranteed to provide sensory overload for 12 year olds. :D

There are two "waterparks on steroids" very close by Calica:

Xel-Ha - http://www.xelha.com/

Xcaret - http://www.xcaret.com/

Pricey but guaranteed to provide sensory overload for 12 year olds. :D

Thank you for replying so quickly, snorkel2much! I looked at both of those websites and you're right, they are very pricey. I know Paradise Beach is around $8 or something, right? I don't mind a price around $35 or $40pp for an AI (we paid that for a food, drink and snorkel AI at Playa Uvas in Cozumel last month), but $65-70 is higher than I want to go. Do you know of anything else available, even in Cozumel? The reason I don't want to go back to Paya Uvas is that they don't have any of the water toys available that I know they have at PB. My husband & I were there last month and really enjoyed it BECAUSE it was quiet and secluded.

I see that we are supposed to be in Cozumel at 8AM....maybe we will be there ahead of a few other ships and will be able to get to a beach before the throngs arrive. Sigh. Note to self, check CruiseTT for port info BEFORE booking next time!

Thanks again for any additional info you can add!

Get to Paradise Beach early, you'll be fine (wristbands are $10). In Calica look into a taxi to Akumal Bay for a great beach snorkeling day. A decent restaurant and watersport shop is on the beach.

Thanks again, snorkel2much! I've done some research and discovered that only the Crown Princess is going to arrive before us. We and the Navigator of the Seas arrive at 8 and the next ship is not until 9, with everyone else following that. So, I'm thinking we are going to be ok to go to PB in Cozumel. I'm just hoping we dock and don't have to tender.

You have been most helpful :)

Archived