Norwegian Dawn 6/7/09 Review & Comparision to our Dawn 3/28/09 Cruise

14ersco

Going on a CC group cruise made this trip easy to plan and significantly cheaper. Lu2Cruz is a good trip leader; he allows you to decide how active you want to be in the group. Some group members only took advantage of the great rates and were not heard from again; while others were very active on the roll call and at on-board group activities. Our roll call consisted Kings Wharf Rat group members and others who booked the cruise on their own; all were welcome at the activities.

If anyone is looking to go the Caribbean next spring Luv2Cruz is leading a group on the Carnival Miracle on May 15, 2010.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=987404

There has also been some talk about a Kings Wharf Rats II cruise to Bermuda in 2011. :cool:

Geat meeting you guys and thanks for the plug!;) And yes; King's Wharf Rats II sounds great for early June in 2011!:D Let's all keep in touch and make it happen!;)Oh, and by the way, I sent you the pic you requested. Did you get it?

Great review, glad you had a nice time in Bermuda. Bermuda is such a gorgeous island, my favorite. I had a question regarding MDR reservations. You mentioned that you could not make reservations if you stayed in an inside and ov cabin for the MDR. Is that true? We are sailing in Sept. on the Dawn and on other NCL cruises I have alway been able to make them. We have always stayed in inside or OV. I know that things change from time to time. It I remember correctly there was a podium in the atrium where you could do this. Any other helpful hints would be appreciated.

The only reservation podium I saw in the atrium (also in the buffet) was for reservations for the specialty dining. There was no mention in the Freestyle or posted at the podium about the MDR and reservations. They did have available the menus for the specialty dining. I did not specifically ask the person at the podium about the MDR. So maybe you can still make reservations for the MDR no matter your cabin, but NCL is just not promoting this option. When there was a line we did see that there was no penalty if you showed up later than the time you were given to return to the MDR. Those people were just given the next available table.

Geat meeting you guys and thanks for the plug!;) And yes; King's Wharf Rats II sounds great for early June in 2011!:D Let's all keep in touch and make it happen!;)Oh, and by the way, I sent you the pic you requested. Did you get it?

Thanks we got the photo.

You have got e-mail with a photo of some fine looking gentlemen. :p

Archived