Worried about time

dmoseley

We will be in gc on Jan 13. We are scheduled to be in port from 7 am to 4 pm. Our ship will be on central time. I am concerned about meeting a snorkel tour. What is the earliest I should expect to be able to meet a group? I am looking at Captain Marvin's and Soto's. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

DMoseley,

The Conquest changes it clocks to match with the port time. We are there from 7-4 also, and it is actually 7am GC time. Therefore, we are able to take the 8:30 stingray tour. All of Captain Marvins tours are listed in Eastern Time. Make sure your ship changes. If it does not, you will actually be arriving at 8am and have to be at the Captain Marvin place with 15 minutes of tendering.

Also, we called carnival to ask if they change the clocks and they said "no". Then, several people who just got off confirmed that they in fact do. Go by the boards!

IF you are on the Conquest, it DOES change time, and you have plenty of time to catch Soto's - we were an hour early for Soto's in November of this year.

But based on the OP question - 7am CST is 8am GC time. A general rule of thumb is to allow 45 minutes to tender in. An hour is better. It may only take half that long, but there will be a number of ships tendering that day, in theory. So any tour with any company that begins after 9am local time should be ok. This assumes you and your party are ready to leave the ship at 8am GC time. If in fact your ship does change time, worst case, you will be an hour early.

Whatever company you go with, make sure they know what ship you are on. I know Sotos's will wait a fairly generous amount of time if you are late.

We are also on the Rhapsody the same date as you. We were told that the Rhapsody does not change time, but remains on central time. We have the same concern about time, as we are to be at the harbor for a private sail tour at 8:45. We were instructed to request early tender passes as soon as we board on Sunday. Good luck!!!

This time thing has been a bug for a long time. All three cruises we've been on have changed ship's time to match where they were. I don't really see the advantage of not doing that. It's convenient for the passengers who are trying to book excursions and it's the passengers who should be taken into consideration. One possible explanation for those lines which don't change is that it makes more people use their excursions rather than book on their own. :mad:

Archived