Seattle Pier 91 How far must you walk?

sdca

We will be taking a shuttle from the hotel to the Pier and need to know how much walking is involved.

Does the shuttle drop you off right at the cruise terminal?

Or must you walk any distance?

We will be taking a shuttle from the hotel to the Pier and need to know how much walking is involved.

Does the shuttle drop you off right at the cruise terminal?

Or must you walk any distance?

You could call your hotel and find out the specifics, but in my three visits to Pier 91 so far this season, it appeared to me that shuttles, taxis, limos, and buses drop their passengers off directly in front of the terminal. If you or anyone in your party has mobility issues, then certainly you can request drop-off wherever works best for you. There are elevators to the second floor check-in area, and a line dedicated to those passengers needing extra assistance.

We had our cab drop of us off as soon as he could, opting to walk vs lingering in the vehicle line and racking up the meter charges. We walked about a ship's length or less to get to the terminal. Vehicles doing drop-offs must pass the terminal doors before they can head out again, but the traffic can move slowly. It's up to you whether you want to stay on for a closer drop-off, or get out when you can and walk the distance.

Thank you for the info. We will be taking an AW Town Car suv with a flat charge of $75.00 from our hotel to the pier. With mom in a folding wheel chair, I think we will wait until we get close to the terminal.

If you don't have to, don't show up before 11am to 11:30AM. Anytime before that the entire area is like a zoo. This is from someone just get off the ship two days ago.

Were you on the Westerdam? If so, I love that ship. Did you have a good room?

Hopefully these pictures will give you a good idea of the setup. You can see the line of cabs/shuttles on the left of the picture (which is the far right lane of traffic coming into the pier). They drop you off where you see the yellow cab at the stop sign, you walk through that yellow breezeway on the right, and into the terminal building. We sailed on the 21st, arriving at the pier shortly before noon, and it was a breeze!

580666904_N9AaR-M.jpg

580670124_Qqphe-M.jpg

580667600_bPjX7-M.jpg

Are there carts available at the drop off point to help you get your luggage where it needs to go?

The minute we jumped out of our towncar, a porter appeared with a cart, loaded our luggage, and took us right to the front entrance of the terminal. I'm not sure if there were carts available for just anyone to use, but there were plenty of porters!

Thanks. That is very good to know because in addition to my luggage I plan on bringing some cases of soda or the like. Couldn't imagine how I was going to handle all that by myself.

You'll be well taken care of!

And wow...what a great cruise you're embarking on! :)

Hopefully these pictures will give you a good idea of the setup. You can see the line of cabs/shuttles on the left of the picture (which is the far right lane of traffic coming into the pier). They drop you off where you see the yellow cab at the stop sign, you walk through that yellow breezeway on the right, and into the terminal building. We sailed on the 21st, arriving at the pier shortly before noon, and it was a breeze!

Thanks for the great pics of Pier 91.....very helpful. :)

Archived