Club soda free or purchase drink card?

Snowchik013

Me and Fiance are sailing on July 5th aboard the Star to Alaska. (My third, his very first and I'm so excited for him!)

Does anyone know if I would have to purchase a drink card for club soda? Or can we get club soda for free at the buffet/bars/dining room out of the fountain machine? I don't drink coke/pepsi/sprite,etc. sodas at all. (Nothing with sugar or sweetener that will kill you.)

I'm hoping to bring a couple bottles of club or sparkling water on with me, but I'm not sure if my hotel is near anything that I can purchase it before I get on board. We're flying from Pittsburgh, so I can't want to take it with me. Does club soda come in little glass bottles on the ship (like Canada Dry or other brand) with the screw off tops, or does it flow freely from the soda fountain machine?

I like vanilla vodka and club and hope to drink some in the cabin, but I don't really want to pay $4 a bottle for the club soda alone. What do you think would be my best option?

I just love all of you guys on here. I think that I've past the point of addiction to this site, because I've been spending at least an hour or two a day on here. (and I should be packing!) Thanks for all of your help!!!

Club soda is treated just like any other soft drink on board ship. It is sold in cans or if you buy a drink at a bar, it comes out of a gun. It is not free. Carry some on board if you wish.

Club soda is not free. I believe that it is included if you buy a soda sticker. You do not have to buy a soda sticker, you can just pay by the drink. Sodas are $1.95 each plus tip.

I doubt they have bottles of it. The other sodas come in cans, & I would think club soda would too.

I drank only club soda and purchased a soda card for that specific use.

At night in any of the lounges when I would order Hennessey VSOP and ask for a club soda backer, there was never an extra charge for the club soda.

One thing I noticed in your post OP, you referred to getting a club soda as 'from the fountain machine'. Princess does not offer any free soft drink fountains onboard. Even with the soda sticker, you must request it from the bar or a waiter.

Thank you everyone for all the help! I will be trying to buy it before I get on the boat. I was just thinking about it, $40 for a soda card for just soda water doesn't really seem worth it. I should just pay a cab to stop somewhere for a minute so that I can run in a store and get some... Makes more sense now. Thank You!!!! ;)

Thank you everyone for all the help! I will be trying to buy it before I get on the boat. I was just thinking about it, $40 for a soda card for just soda water doesn't really seem worth it. I should just pay a cab to stop somewhere for a minute so that I can run in a store and get some... Makes more sense now. Thank You!!!! ;)

OOOOPS. Disregard

Archived