is freestyle dining a problem with a large group?

We are planning our next cruise. With 5 kids under 6, we do not travel alone :) Most likely we will have 4 or 6 adults plus our 5 kids (depends on rooming arrangements and whether or not we can fit 3 kids in one room or need two adults per 2 kids per room). My question is how hard is it to get a large enough table to accommodate such a large party with no assigned seating? It is likely that we would try to eat earlier than most because of the kids. Our TA found us a "deal" on NCL, but voiced her concern about the dining situation, so I figured I would ask here.

Thanks

J

I just sailed on the Jewel with a group of 24. (We also travel in bunches ... ;) ) We ate as a whole group on two occasions. Most other nights, we ate with in groups of between 8 and 13 people. We never had a problem being seated at one large table or two adjacent tables. You can reserve your dinner times one day prior. I would suggest that you consider making reservations for your group.

On the Pearl in January, we were with a group of 13 and we only ate together in entirety once, in the larger main dining room (I'm having a brain fade right now on the name :confused:). In any case, we were seated at two round tables side by side. I have seen angular (square/rectangular) tables pushed together for groups as well.

Eleven of us also dined at Teppanyaki one evening. Smaller groups had different meals together over the course of the week as well. As far as I know, nobody ever had any problems. :)

after you book, have your TA (or you can call) get in touch with the "group envents" person for that ship. they can make reservations for you..in the main dining rooms. it's going to have to be early or late dining, but they do reservations for groups of 8 or more. you may not get the same servers, but you have a group table.

as said, above, it may not be one big table..but your group will be seated together.

Cathi is right. You can make reservations if you are a group of 8 or more. You can pick a set time for the entire week and have a standing reservation the entire cruise, or you can decide on a day to day basis and call to make the reservation for the time you prefer. If you are in a suite, you can make the reservation for any time you choose however, if not in a suite, reservations are restricted to 6 pm or before, or after 8:30. Reservations for large party's cannot be made for prime dining hours between 6:05 and 8:29 pm. If for some reason there are too many of you to fit at one table, they will give you adjacent tables.

CG

Archived