What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Ship?

sherizel

I am pretty excited to read that most people put on here that the Legend is thier favorite....I will be on her a week from Sunday!!!! But for me, I liked the Liberty and the Miracle so far. All cruising is fun though!!!! :D

I've enjoyed all the ships I've been on. But, if I had to choose a favorite it would be the Legend. And, if I had to choose least favorite it would be the Glory.

Why is the Glory your least favorite if you don't mind me asking?

Favorite - Imagination/Legend

Least Favorite - Sensation/Glory

Really hated the decor of Sensation. We also went through a tropical storm.

Also didn't care for the Glory to the point to where I don't want to book that class ship again

Why Destiny? I booked her for November. Just curious.

You're going to love the Destiny... at least I think you will. Here is my review from last November. I will say that I was on the ship in the middle of a Nor'Easter and got a bit sea sick, but that had nothing to do with the ship. Also, search for Falkcor's review of Destiny... he went around September/October and wrote a great review as well.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=881421

Hope that helps... we had a great time and I would so cruise her again.

IMO

Favorite - Victory. I guess I am strange, but I enjoy her decor and love her staff. She makes me happy and I am sailing her again next month :D

Least favorite - Ecstasy. I was displeased with the cleanliness of many public areas, but it was long ago. I just wouldn't choose to sail her again.

I am not a member of the Legend Fan Club. I found her blah, plus we had by far the worst dining room service I have had on a ship. She sails a great itinerary though, and Tampa is a great departure port.

Guest JJWW

While I have tried to consider my least favorite.

I should thank you for the reminiscing :D

I lov em ALL ! icon14.gif

Why is the Glory your least favorite if you don't mind me asking?

I'm not really a big fan of the Conquest family. The layout is a little confusing. I don't really like the stadium seating, and there are many times throughout the day where it seems as though it's crowded.

My favorite so far was Jubilee, now retired, my least favorite, Sensation, but I was sick for the whole cruise, which had alot to do with my decision. But, I'm with the other person that commented "just put me on a ship", very envious of you people that go several times each year:(

Favorite :Glory or Conquest (tie) love the lay out and the dining options great buffet and lay out.

least:Holiday to small but still loved the "little ship that could" (She also got us hooked on crusing, LOL )

I have been on 12 or 13 Carnival ships now and have enjoyed them all. Splendor, Pride and Triumph stand out in my mind mostly because of the people. Miracle and Victory were also good. Legend, Imagination, Valor, Freedom . . . . all enjoyable.

Fav Carnival ships: Legend/Pride, tie, but also the Conquest, LOVE Sur Mer!!

Least Fav would be the Destiny, didn't care for the copper walls.

Had a GREAT cruise on all of the above though.

Least Fav ship of all, Grandeur of the Seas. Crew was so miserable, we ended up not doing much on the ship, so don't remember much except our suite, and the hot stone massage.

I agree with Joe&Mike's reasons for choosing a favorite....in my case it was the Sensation that introduced us to cruising. Loved it so much we went a second time and took the kids. Of course, purple is my favorite color.....:p

By process of elimination, that would make the Triumph my least favorite, but don't get me wrong, I loved the Triumph too.....:D

My favorite so far is the Spirit, I love the layout.

Least favorite: Triumph, felt more crowded-probably due to rain most days of the cruise.

Haven't sailed anything other than Carnival but will experience Princess in 3 weeks:D.

Our Favorite was the Carnival Freedom. We did it last year (Eastern) and this year we just did Exotic Western. Everything was great. They couldn't do enough for you. Food was great. We had 2 couples side by side. We all loved it again.

Our least was the Legend. It was the bumpiest ship we have ever been on. We were on the 7th floor so it was about the same as maybe 8 other cruises. We always do 7th and 8th floor. Middle of the ship. A few people told me the stablizers weren't working . Have no idea if that was a joke or not. There were so many people complaining. It was Feb so same time we cruise every year. Even with the patch, got sick everyday. Sorry, you couldn't get me back on that one for free. The 4 of us all agreed. I loved every one before it and after it except one on RC. Didn't like that at all.

My favorite is the Miracle. My least favorite was the Liberty, but I am giving the Conquest class another try in Nov. on the Freedom. It just always seemed too crowded (moreso than our other 2 crusies), and the passengers were mostly rude and obnoxious. I don't think that was Carnival's fault though. I think it had more to do with the passengers themselves and where they were from.. (I will not get into where that is, but they were very proud of it)... They would cut in front of you in line at the buffet and everything. I am hoping I do not run into them again. :mad:

So based on departing ports close to us and time restrictions, we are having to chose between the Fantasy and Ecstasy. I have seen both of these listed as "least favorites" on this thread. I know they are smaller due to the trip length, but what other problems do they have. Has anyone sailed both of these and can recommend one over the other? I know both of the ships are supposed to be undergoing "make-overs" - do you think this will help any?

Archived