kings wharf to horseshoe!

mommy42208

i am hearing great things about horseshoe bay..we are going to bermuda in a few days!

my son is 15months old..and i am 17 weeks pregnant but was wondering how long the ride is, what is the best way to get to and from, and any other tips that may help me!!

does horseshoe have a website with rental info, etc? is there a restaurant and bathrooms near by?

thanks!

If I recall, from Kings Wharf on the bus, it is ~15 -20 minutes. It has been a few years since we went however. But we had brought our 15 month old with us and it went well. Horseshoe is nice because they do have bathrooms, a restaurant/place to get food, and even an area just past the restaurant which is good for the little ones to wade in. And when you are done, you can spend the $1 to take the little shuttle back to the top of the hill. BEAUTIFUL beach!!

We were at Horseshoe Bay last week. We went by the #7 bus and it took 15 minutes to get there, no stops. They also have changing rooms in the bathrooms. Last week they did not have working showers inside as they were doing maintenance on them. However there was an outside shower and an area to rinse off your feet. Great beach and I think you will enjoy it with the little ones. The van to take you to the top of the hill is now $2 per person, under 10 free. Well worth it. The bus back to the Dockyards is right where he lets you off and waits until filled up before leaving. The beach can get crowded right at the entrance, but if you walk to the left a bit the crowds thin out. You'll love it and Bermuda. Have a great cruise.

In addition to the #7 bus, you can look for the bus marked "special." It goes directly to Horseshoe from the Dockyard with no stops. There is a woman working at the dockyard bus stop who will help you with questions and make sure you get on the right bus. We were there a little over a week ago and it was heavenly. Enjoy!!

Archived