FOS Adventure Ocean Program questions

triplefigs

My trio will be in the Voyagers program.

1. Do they give you a pager in case of emergency, etc?
  2. Do the kids have sign in/out privileges?
  3. Is it worth the $5 per hour for them to stay after 10pm (we've never sailed RCCL before) so that DH and I can go out alone?
  4. How are the counselors? Were you pleased?
  5. If the kids don't want to do a group activity, can they do something else (such as computers or games)? Or do they have to participate in the group functions?

Thanks for any other info!

1. Pagers (actually dect phones) are for parents with children in the 3-5 year old age group.

2. You have the option to give sign out privledges starting with the 9-11 year old age group. It's your decision. Under that, no

3. My kids never make it to 10pm. They are dead on their feet by then. So if you kids or older (or can stay up later) yes, it may be worth it to you.

4. Counselors vary from ship to ship and sailing to sailing. I have had some that I have loved - others, not so much. ;)

5. In the younger groups (under 11), they do try to keep everyone doing the same thing. They don't want someone coming in and going on the computer all day. I did watch a mom try to argue that point with a AO counselor, she lost. The boy left.

The AO pages are at the link in my signature if you want to see them.

My son was in the 3-5 year old group in March/April (LOS), but we were not able to get a pager. He was 4.5 and they said they were only for the three year olds.

:eek::eek::eek:

Oh I would have been so upset.

I am betting they made that rule for that week because it was spring break time. Must have been alot of little ones onboard.

We had one on Indy and our youngest was 5.

Archived