Venice Disembarkation - Luggage?

Glesca

My wife and I will be disembarking from the Ruby Princess in Venice on 7 October, 09. From the Piazzale Roma we will walk across the footbridge to the train station and leave two suitcases at the left luggage office. After buying a 72 hour vaporetto pass, we will travel to our hotel with one suitcase. (Eventually, we'll be catching a train to Rome)

So, having got all that out of the way, here's my questions which come from the following scenarios.

1. Self-disembarkation with luggage: Are land taxis available pierside adjacent to the ship, or at the terminal building?

2. Let Princess off-load our luggage: Do we pick up the luggage shoreside or inside the terminal building?

3. Ride the Princess shuttle to Piazzale Roma: Does your luggage ride with you on the shuttle, or do they have a location over there to claim it?

From other threads I know there may be other port shuttles available, and this idea could be hit or a miss. I also heard the Princess shuttle cost is $28 a head, but I may have to use this if no taxis are available as I don't intend to walk over there dragging suitcases.

Appreciate any help in this matter.

PS - This will be my second visit to Venice. My first - as an 18 year old in the British Merchant Navy. (You do the math)

I can help with two of your questions...

Let Princess off-load our luggage: Do we pick up the luggage shoreside or inside the terminal building?
You'll be driven to a building where you pick up your luggage. I don't know whether this is the terminal building, but it's certainly shoreside.

Ride the Princess shuttle to Piazzale Roma: Does your luggage ride with you on the shuttle, or do they have a location over there to claim it?
Your luggage will travel with you.

PS - This will be my second visit to Venice. My first - as an 18 year old in the British Merchant Navy. (You do the math)
Can't do the math because you didn't tell us in what year you were 18. :rolleyes:

Lew

Lew,

Thanks for the reply and information. I could be smart and say I left out that part of the equation to peak people's interest, but no, I blew it. The year was 1963, and our ship spent nearly two months there.

Findlay

Archived