RSSC Mariner Australia Nov 18 2009 Sailing

Looks like we are headed "down under" in November! We are first time RSSC cruisers. We have been fortunate to have sailed with Crystal and Oceania, and are really looking forward to experiencing what this cruise line has to offer!:)

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Are you looking for information about the ship, the itinerary, or RSSC in general? If you ask specific questions, there's usually someone on the board who is able to give answers.

I haven't sailed the specific itinerary but have sailed the Singapore to Sydney and the Auckland to L.A. itineraries and would be happy to answer questions on either port. Depending upon your areas of interest/time lines/etc., you might want to consider a pre or post cruise stay (easily booked on your own).

Check out the RSSC cruise reviews on this site as well as searching other sites for information on the Sydney to Auckland cruise. Also you can search the RSSC world cruise and other longer cruises like the Ring of Fire to read what others have written.

Lochwood, you might want to go into the Regent roll call section of this board as there is a good bit of information there.

Mariners, would you clarify something for me? I am confused about crossing the dateline. Regent's website and their brochure show the Auckland to LA cruise to be 19 nights and 20 days. My travel agent and RSSC's rep say the cruise is 18 nights and 19 days. The printed itinerary makes no reference to gaining an extra day when crossing the dateline. Do we get an extra night or not?

Thanks for your help.

Lochwood, you might want to go into the Regent roll call section of this board as there is a good bit of information there.

Mariners, would you clarify something for me? I am confused about crossing the dateline. Regent's website and their brochure show the Auckland to LA cruise to be 19 nights and 20 days. My travel agent and RSSC's rep say the cruise is 18 nights and 19 days. The printed itinerary makes no reference to gaining an extra day when crossing the dateline. Do we get an extra night or not?

Thanks for your help.

I think I have this figured out. The Auckland to LA cruise is 19 nights and 20 days because you gain an extra day when you cross the dateline going east. For example, the itinerary says that you cruise the Pacific on Dec. 4th and cross the dateline on Dec. 5th. Suppose the ship arrives at the dateline at 10 am on Dec. 5th. The moment you cross the dateline, it will be 10 am on Dec.4th. So you would experience the time between 10 am on Dec. 4th and 10 am on Dec. 5th, twice. In this example, the evening of Dec. 4th occurs twice which gets you to 19 nights.

I hope this helps and isn't as clear as mud. :D

Dave

Archived