Favorite picture

code_d

Here's mine (which I've posted on this board before.) It is a Carnival ship -- don't know which -- I shot as it sailed away under stormy skies in Grand Cayman. My personal fav.

SailAway.jpg

Beautiful!!!!! This seems as if it could be an ancient photo or something!!

I come back to my room on the Glory last November to see a do not disturb sign hanging on my door. Thought someone was playing games so I open the door and see the night stand table lamp on and think this is weird... get to the end of my hall and find the ULTIMATE towel animal in my bed!

To be honest I about fell over had goosebumps and the hair on the back of my neck stood up! Ended up giving the room steward an extra $10 for this...

Ummmm.yeap!! That would have creeped me out for a second! But it was really funny and weird!!!

You see the strangest things from your balcony.....

2325447170057720145xfTnBK_ph.jpg

LMBO!!! Tooo funny PETE!!!!

This was about a month after Hurrican Ike hit us here in Houston. We couldn't leave out of Galveston because it was still in really bad shape, but we did sail past it. From the ship you'd have no idea of the destruction left behind a month before.

l_a12e1bd090d9482bbf7abf1095107bca.jpg

A little friend in Freeport

freeport005.jpg

Key West

keywest007.jpg

keywest012.jpg

Atlantis in Nassau

nassau054.jpg

Last sunset on our trip on the Fantasy in May

fantasy027.jpg

[ATTACH]124908[/ATTACH]

Don't know how the heck this ended up so blurry....but it's sort of a cool effect...it's the Elation Lido Deck at night facing aft...

Can't imagine how that happened on a cruise.:rolleyes:

smiley-eatdrink048.gif

[ATTACH]124908[/ATTACH]

Don't know how the heck this ended up so blurry....but it's sort of a cool effect...it's the Elation Lido Deck at night facing aft...

Can't imagine how that happened on a cruise.:rolleyes:

smiley-eatdrink048.gif

lol no comment

Good question. Did they leave the cloths out or did the steward go through thier stuff? :eek:

I am going to go out on a limb here and say the steward did go thru there clothes and found the good suit (the one used for formal night)! :p

So when they got back in there cabin they were like , "Darn, he used the good one" :eek:

Great pics everybody ~ JHALE did you do one of the Atlantis Adventures?

we didn't, but my uncle and cousin did. they purchased a day pass that allowed them use of all the water areas (rides, pool, etc.) and they had a blast. they were on a different ship and had more time in port than us so we just went to meet up with them and hang on the beach for a while. it was so beautiful there.

Um ddi they use ur clothes, i cant tell....That reminds me of the movie Hollow Man :eek:

LOL yes the steward took my suit and layed it out filled the chest full of towels and made the head, used my Crock shoes and sunglasses, put the capers in his hands and had it dim in the room. cannot figure out how to post the big pictures..

LOL yes the steward took my suit and layed it out filled the chest full of towels and made the head, used my Crock shoes and sunglasses, put the capers in his hands and had it dim in the room. cannot figure out how to post the big pictures..

Oh man that is just soo creepy :eek:

After a few DODs and dim lights...I might have thought it was an intruder and let it have it

:o

For sure!!!!! On my next cruise i will have to ask my room steward if he knows how to do the towel human. This way it can suprise me on night. Hopefully i am not too trashed and start smiley-gen045.gif it to death :D

For us, cruising (and travel in general) is about the people we meet/experiences we have along the way.

This is Alfred, a street kid we met on Roatan. We had spent the day driving the island in a rental car, and once we'd returned the car decided to wander around the shops near the pier. This kid instantly attached himself to us; my husband tried to wave him off, but I said, "sure, show us around". Alfred was great! Clean, well dressed, well mannered...I really enjoyed the hour or so we spent with him! I wonder, sometimes, how he's doing; life on Roatan is not easy for most folks...

300850737_EvP5v-M.jpg

I agree that some of the best memories are the people you meet.

I gave this little girl a bag of Easter candy. Her father sells goods on a scenic overlook in Roatan. Her smile was priceless.

2736058860104390106S600x600Q85.jpg

I agree that some of the best memories are the people you meet.

I gave this little girl a bag of Easter candy. Her father sells goods on a scenic overlook in Roatan. Her smile was priceless.

2736058860104390106S600x600Q85.jpg

I agree so much. When we go to new places we love to feel what the loacal culture is like, not go to the 'mall'. When in Dominican Republic we were warned by many on this forum to avoid it, and stay on the ship as it's not worth it or safe. We almost didn't...and once we got off I saw why people said to not go. There was no mall, Diamonds International, or armed security forces around. It was a simple pier the tender docked at that led out to a street. At the street we met 'Pete' he was immediately on us but seemed nice. We took him up on the offere for a tour. His driver took us to a true local market where we got coffee right out of the locals thermos, and got to shop for some items as the locals do. He then took us to an overlook of the ocean. afterwards we went to a trail that a 10 year old and his father walked us down pointing out the plants(lime,banana, and other fruit trees) and small wild life even passing a local that lives back on in the hills. The trail eventually led to a magnificant waterfall. No tourist everywhere, no prefabed stores to buy out of. When we gave the boy a $10 tip you should have seen his eyes, and he then ran to his mom to tell her.

P1000191.jpg

P1000187.jpg

P1000182-1.jpg

• 3 months later...

Archived