Entertainment on Grandeur

Let's talk entertainment (acts, shows, music, etc.) on the Grandeur. What do they have and what's your favorite?

Sailing on the Grandeur of the Seas 1/15/05
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2005;1;15;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]

We were on her Easter week and there was quite a variety. The production shows were pretty good. The comedian who did the welcome aboard show and the adult comedy show was excellent. I didn't see the other comedian/juggler but heard he was very good. The magician was ok, but not outstanding. As for music, our favorite was Major Handy who did zaydeco/blues. He was very talented. We didn't find any of the pianist/singers to be outstanding, but the Rosario Strings who played piano/violin were excellent. They played at dinner every night as well as around the ship. The Carribean band Flare were good as were Legacy the oldies cover band.

The band Lagecy just finished their contract. The other band Music Makers were very good. Played a lot of dancable music. One night they had a big band for ballroom dancing. The production shows were also very good. The comedian was hilarious, he did 2 shows. He did not say one dirty word(surprising). We enjoyed the other shows, except one night they had a piano player. He was very gifted but his performance was not that good. We were told later his singer got sick. We had a fantastic time on the Grandeur. Got to do a lot of dancing. The shows, but one, were entertaining.

Sovereign 598
Sovereign 599
Sovereign 500
Voyager 1100
Explorer 501
Radiance 1101
Majesty 302
Adventure 402
Enchantment 1102
Monarch 103
Legend 403
Navigator 1103
Mariner 304
Grandeur 404
Sovereign 504
Serenade 1104

I was on the sailing prior to Easter. I thought the comedian was good - agree on the late-night show.

We had the Coasters on our cruise. They were on the Vision when I sailed Hawaii in 2000. Same guys.

The juggler was great. The ship was moving a bit which made his act pretty entertaining.

I only saw one show with the dancers and I thought it was pretty good.

The Magician and his assistant weren't too bad. They were very friendly as I talked with them on deck one afternoon. This was their first contract with RCCL.

Maureen

Princess Sun 2/27/2005
Mariner of the Seas 10/16/2005

[img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]We were on the Granduer in 2000 and had the best entertainment ever. They brought in our favorite comic, John Pinette, to do two shows in one night. We enjoyed the first show so much we went to the second one, also. They had the show band do a Jazz night in the piano bar that my husband loved. The pool band was great but don't remember the name. Out of 4 cruises in 4 years (3 Celebrity & 1 RCCL) this was the best entertainment ever!

Archived