Miami SOBE night before cruise

Mooguy

Anyone stayed on South Beach night before cruise? Any Hotel recommendations welcomed we will be sailing in late October. I did see someone got a pricelind bid at the Catalina Hotel ^ Beach Club but not even sure where that is in relation to the port and SO BE.

Thanks

Doubletree Surfcomber is moderately priced ,on the beach and in walking distance of all of S. Beach activites. Might want to look at that one. Our family group stayed here and everyone thought it a good spot for a night. Especially with a lot of young and middle aged adults in the group.

Since you are going in off peak season, you will probably be able to get a good value rate in most hotels.

Last time I booked Catalina in SOBE, they changed my hotel the day of check-in to some place nearly 1/2 mile south on Collins. Needless to say I won't touch Catalina again with a 10 foot pole (and will strongly suggest colleagues to consider spending their dollars elsewhere on SOBE--way too many hotels there to have to put up with that garbage).

Who did you book through?

Last time I booked Catalina in SOBE, they changed my hotel the day of check-in to some place nearly 1/2 mile south on Collins. Needless to say I won't touch Catalina again with a 10 foot pole (and will strongly suggest colleagues to consider spending their dollars elsewhere on SOBE--way too many hotels there to have to put up with that garbage).

We booked once on our own stayed at the Lorraine. Clean, on the water was good for the night. Older hotel. We booked once through Hotwire and got the Mercury ( on Collins in South Beach) after reading the reviews I was having anxiety attacks. Got there the lobby was clean but smelled of pinesol (can't stand that smell). Passed the pool wouldn't step foot in it looked green the halls where a little worn looked clean. Then the room older very retro but again clean. The best part was they have tempur pedic beds I have to admit the best night sleep I have ever had. After all the bad reviews and saying it was bug infested I was pannicked. But, since we had booked the rooms and we didn't want friends to be out their money for their room we thought we would look with the understanding first bug and we were out of there!

Good luck in yoru search hope this helps!

Archived