Monarch of the Seas Deck 7 & 8

I have not cruised this ship before and I'm looking to book a value price cabin on deck 7 or 8. Has anyone stayed on these decks? Do you have any feedback as to obstructed views or noise? Any info would be appreciated. ;)

There IS no promenade on the Monarch!!!!

There is no Royal Promenade, but there is most certainly a promenade deck. The cabins on Deck 7 have windows that face the deck, and if your drapes are open, people walking by can look straight in.

Honestly, that wouldn't bother me. The shape I'm in, nobody would look twice.:o

Here's a link to the Deck 8 cabins and which ones are less obstructed than others: http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2228772470046215528AbSjDk

If you go to bed early, I would avoid Deck 8 aft because you'll be above Bolero's and the noise does carry up into the cabins from what I've read here.

Enjoy "my" ship!

I would not mind deck 8 at all, been on that deck before on either Majesty or Sovereign and had no problem with the noise, not sure if I was over Boleros or not though. The obstruction did not bother us too much as on a 3/4 night cruise we do not spend much time in the cabin.

I would never stay on deck 7 due to the promonade around the outside. As another poster stated, too much looking in the window if the curtains are open.

Tim

Archived