BOOKING with 2 17yr old Boys question please help

cnlshea

My wife and I are looking to book a cruise and allow our 17yr DS bring one of his friends along. We would like to bood a separate room for them. I have read a lot of reviews where this is the case however I have heard there must be a person over 18 in each room. Any one who has done this before or knows how to work around this please help!:confused:

My wife and I are looking to book a cruise and allow our 17yr DS bring one of his friends along. We would like to bood a separate room for them. I have read a lot of reviews where this is the case however I have heard there must be a person over 18 in each room. Any one who has done this before or knows how to work around this please help!:confused:

This is done all the time. When you book, put your wife's name in one room with one boy and your name with the other boy. When you get on board switch cards or you can have adjoining rooms. I have never done this before but, many have

We just did this as well. You can also go to guest services and have them print you an additional key for each room, that way everyone can keep their own s&s card but still get in to whichever room they need to.

We just did this as well. You can also go to guest services and have them print you an additional key for each room, that way everyone can keep their own s&s card but still get in to whichever room they need to.

thats what Id do if I booked in different cabins, and save them a lot of work doing the actual changing around of people.... just pick up extra key cards which dont have charging privileges, only work as keys.

We always put our teens in the room directly across from us. DH and I had a balcony and DD and DS had an inside. No problems. I do think you will need letters from the friend's parents to exit the country.

No problem at all, we booked 2 cabins,for booking purposes we had a balcony with my wife and 15 yo DD and a inside for me and 21yo nephew, when we checked in at the port we had them make the room cards for me and the DW in the balcony and the nephew and DD had the inside, problem solved.

There is no way you can book them in a room of their own. There must be someone over 25 in the room with anyone under 21..... Here from the website:

How old do you have to be to travel alone?spacer.gifGuests are required to be 21 years old (on embarkation day) to travel. Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom by a parent or guardian 25 or older. The exceptions Carnival will make to this policy are:

Married minor couple - The booking must be documented that the couple is married. The couple must have proof of marriage at embarkation or they will be denied boarding without the benefit of a refund.

Domestic Partners/Same-Sex Union minor couple - The booking must be documented that the couple are legal Domestic Partners/Same-Sex Union. The couple must have legal proof of partnership/union at embarkation or they will be denied boarding without the benefit of a refund.

Guest ages will be verified at embarkation. Guests not conforming to this policy will be denied boarding and assessed a 100% cancellation penalty. NO exceptions will be made at embarkation.

The Group policy is slightly different because of stricter group terms and conditions including mandatory chaperones, damage deposits and other considerations.

There is no way you can book them in a room of their own. There must be someone over 25 in the room with anyone under 21..... Here from the website:.

Newsflash, PVPs do it ALL the time, in connecting or adjoining cabins or directly across the hall (cannot be diagonal, only directly across from parents cabin).

Brush up on reality, and quit blindly quoting rules. You must have been a TA at one time to always quote rules.

G'ma says.....

There is no way you can book them in a room of their own. There must be someone over 25 in the room with anyone under 21..... Here from the website:

Come on G'ma.... cruiselines """adjust""" the rules.....Couldn't you do the same, rather than copy and paste FAQ's for your own righteous reasons ? :D

Guests under 21 must have someone 25 or older booked in their room UNLESS they are traveling with a parent, then they can be booked right next door or directly across from parents. For booking purposes, the minor traveling without a parent must have an adult booked in their room. Just switch when you get to the room.

Guests under 21 must have someone 25 or older booked in their room UNLESS they are traveling with a parent, then they can be booked right next door or directly across from parents. For booking purposes, the minor traveling without a parent must have an adult booked in their room. Just switch when you get to the room.

You are right, probably not allowed connecting cabins, my apologies, my bad. One of the kids is a friend, not a child of the OP.

There is no way you can book them in a room of their own. There must be someone over 25 in the room with anyone under 21......

You can if they are both your own kids, our had their own room last cruise and will for our next cruise.

We were on The Miracle last April. DW, myself, DD and her friend (both 16). Booked one cabin with DW and one girl, and another with myself and the other girl. Two cabins right across the hall from eachother.

When we got onboard we just made the switch at the desk. No problems, No questions asked.

We are leaving on Saturday. I have booked two moms in one room, and two 14 yr old boys in the other room. Not adjoining, but next to each other.

No issues with Carnival at all!

This only works if both kids have a parent on the cruise. if one of the kids is just a friend- it won't work.

My mother, boyfriend, younger brother, and I are all traveling on the freedom in January. We booked two rooms next door. My mother and my boyfriend (who is 20) have to be in one room, where my brother and I can be in the next (because we are her children.. Adam and I cannot be booked in the same room because he is not her child). The PVP just said to switch Key's at the pursers desk no hassle. So you CAN book underage guests in a room if they are not 25, but like everyone else said, you'll just have to do some key swapping ENJOY! :)

Archived