Your Stories of Kind, Wonderful Behavior

jkudzu

I get to brag about my sister. On a beach day in Grand Cayman, my sister found a wallet on the sidewalk at the resturaunt we were at. It had the man's ID, his sail ID and loads of money(several hundred). We were leaving to go to our dolphin swim so our cab was waiting. She took it to the bar and took down the man's name and address so he could call and have it sent to him if he didn't find it. He happened to be from the same state. I told her to take it back to the ship and have the purser contact him. Problem was he was on another ship. There were 5 ship there that day. She kept saying his name fairly loud on the way to the taxi. A woman walked past and said, "Did you say Rob *****?" That is my husband. My sister told her she found the wallet and turned it in at the bar. She said, "Oh, thank you we were looking for it and thought we were just out of luck". It turned out to be a good day for everyone. I am so proud of my sis on this one.

You should both be proud. You went out of your way to do the right thing for a total stranger. They'll never forget you! In fact, they should be writing on here telling us their "lost wallet" story. :D

My husband and I went on a cruise for our honeymoon - second cruise we had been on at that point. On the second to last day, I developed an immense toothache. Medicine wasn't touching the pain and the ship's doctor couldn't help me! We were in line in one of the gift shops (Carnival Conquest) to buy more aspirin, even though it didn't do anything. I was in tears talking with my husband about the pain, when the lady in front of us turned and introduced herself. She mentioned she was a dental hygenist and although she couldn't be sure, she said it sounded like I had an abcessed tooth. She let me know everything I should to do hold off the pain until I get could get on land and get to a hospital. She then proceeded to check on me (even though there wasn't much she could do) for our remaining time on board. The second we got off the boat, we headed towards the hospital where I got the good stuff! :D Pain went away, I flew home, and my dentist did a root canal. That lady really went out of her way to help any way she could and both my husband and I really appreciated it.

Oh, I just remembered one more...

My husband and I used Victor Bodden Tours when we were in Roatan this past March. Not only did we have a wonderful day, but Victor's customer service continued past our vacation...

I had purchased a fish statue from his shop at the zipline location. Due to MY bad packing, the sculpture broke on the way home. I was extremely upset as I collect a fish statue/sculpture from every island I visit and now I had no more from Roatan. I wrote an email to Victor providing hinm with our very positive feedback and also expressed how sad I was that I no longer had the fish statue. A few weeks later, guess what arrived in my mailbox??? Victor had taken it upon himself to mail me a replacement fish. How kind!!! i am sure that shipping from Roatan to the US is very expensive, so this gesture was very much appreciated. This fish statue has taken the lead place of honor in my collection! :D I couldn't even figure out how he knew where to send it, until my husband pointed out that my tour registration form had asked for home address. Now THAT is customer service.

Archived