Sonesta Maho Beach Resort or Royal Island Club Resort

triplefigs

Has anyone ever gotten a 1 night reservation at either of these 2 resorts at Maho Beach to use for your day in port? That way you would have access to a clean room/bathrooms, pools, chairs, etc. Can you see the planes land from these resorts? We want to spend the full day at Maho (my DS wants to be a pilot), but we'd love to have access to a pool as well as the beach.

Thanks!

You can book a room at the Maho Beach Resort Hotel. I don't think you can for the Royal Islander. We have stayed at both many times. The Royal Islander is a timeshare resort, and they will eject non owners. They are next door to each other on Maho beach. If you want to really see the planes up close, walk down the beach toward the Sunset Bar and Grill or the Driftwood Bar. We are talking about 300-400 meters. The planes will fly right over you. In answer to your original question though, from either of the two resorts, you can see the planes coming in, but you wont see them touch down, or at their lowest point. Take the 4 minute walk. We'll be there in December onboard QM2. Hoping she doesn't still have to tender.

You can book a room at the Maho Beach Resort Hotel. I don't think you can for the Royal Islander. We have stayed at both many times. The Royal Islander is a timeshare resort, and they will eject non owners. They are next door to each other on Maho beach. If you want to really see the planes up close, walk down the beach toward the Sunset Bar and Grill or the Driftwood Bar. We are talking about 300-400 meters. The planes will fly right over you. In answer to your original question though, from either of the two resorts, you can see the planes coming in, but you wont see them touch down, or at their lowest point. Take the 4 minute walk. We'll be there in December onboard QM2. Hoping she doesn't still have to tender.

Thanks! My DS is very sensitive to loud noise (but is an aviation fanatic), so having somewhere a little further away with a pool to watch the planes would be a good thing! Appreciate the help!

Archived