Where to stay in Long Beach

MikeDMess

Depending on whether you have car and how close you want to be to QM and the terminal. The Coast Hotel is recommended on here quite a bit and has packages for leaving car during cruise for those who need that. Bay rooms have nice view.

We stayed at GuestHouse Hotel which was about 10-15 minutes away by free shuttle, a 3* $79 with breakfast, and free parking during our cruise. We drove down from Sacto a couple of days early, spent one day at San Diego Wild Animal Park, a good day trip from LB if you are in to wildlife. We also toured QM the evening we got there.

We are staying at the Ayres Hotel in Seal Beach. The hotel has good reviews and we are renting a car at LAX and returning it at the Long Beach location (budget, no extra charge). We are doing all this in February so I can let you know then how it went. I just thought the Hyatt in Long Beach was pretty expensive so we are trying this (the hotel in Seal Beach and the car rental is still $150.00 less than the Hyatt).

John Q:

How's GuestHouse Hotel? $79/nite including breakfast is really good deal. My other choices are Holiday Inn - Downtown and Coast Hotel. They both are substanially higher. Will be much appreciative if you can give me your input of the facilities (particularly, the room) at GuestHouse, and what is for breakfast? Breakfast is not that big a deal for us, we will be eating plenty when we board for the next 7 days anyway. How's their shuttle service, we are a party of 7, would the shuttle van be able to fit us all in on one trip?

Eli

Eli,

I think they were good, about what we expected, that is, a 3* that seemed to kept up and the staff seem helpful We stay at some of the newer Comfort Inns and they were similar. They would probably be similar to Holiday Inn, depending on how old it was or how long since renovation. We don't use pool or other big hotel features. It is in the AAA book. It was on a main drag by the golf course, easy to get everywhere, and we had no problem with the shuttle. 7 people with all their luggage should fit, but I would check first. You sign up for a certain time. We were supposed to go at 10am but there were several people listed so we went earlier in order that all our luggage would fit.

Coast Hotel is the other I hear a lot on this board. When I was searching back in January or Dec, Coast had just changed owners or affiiations, and I was getting conficting info, but there location looks good. They are on East Pacific Coast Hwy, http://www.guesthouselb.com

Archived