All things Inspiration! Comments here, please?

valancy1

It's been awhile on this thread, but I have a question:

For those of you who've recently been aboard Inspiration, does anyone know if the safes are the old style--secured with a magnetic strip, OR if they are the newer kind where you enter a passcode to "set" the safe?

TWELVE MORE DAYS TO GO for our Inspiration cruise!!!

Thanks in advance,

Debra

Debra

I have been on her two times last year and this year. Both rooms that I had the safes were the magnetic strip kind. Hope this helps. I used an old grocery store card for the safe and an Delta airlines card.

Debra

I have been on her two times last year and this year. Both rooms that I had the safes were the magnetic strip kind. Hope this helps. I used an old grocery store card for the safe and an Delta airlines card.

We just returned Nov 7 and we used a gift card from walmart (one that didn't have $$ on it)

We just returned from a 5day on the Inspiration on Nov 7. We sailed her in 2006 also. I have to say we had a wonderful time! The ship was very clean and looked good for her age. The staff was great in every regard. Josef, the MatreD in the MargiGras Dining room was a riot. He kept that DR hopping. The DR food was consistently good. We tried Your Time Dining and LOVED IT! We never had to wait over 5 minutes for a table and we dined from 6 or so till 7:30 pm. Some nights we sat with others and loved the conversations and twice at a private table. The buffet was "just OK." The usual buffet fare but the food seemed fresher than our trip on the Liberty last year. We loved the deli sandwiches and the desserts were very moist. We enjoyed all the shows and Bingo, even though we lost. We had bought drink coupons for the first time and we never had to pay extra, although we didn't order frozen drinks. Our cabin was R29. Way forward. The portholes were wonderful! But we did get some loud booming at night from the surf, especially on the last night as Ida nipped at our heels. Although we didn't get sick the last night, the noise did keep us awake. The good thing was that the hall that far forward is quiet and not much traffic. Carnival decorated our room for our anniversary with the decorations I purchased from Bon Voyage. They were wonderful!

We had seen Grand Cayman before so we just got off the tender and shopped. It was a lovely, sunny day. We booked an excursion for Cozumel but it pourred all day. Luckily, it was a bus trip so we got to see soggy Cozumel. Our first time there. Not overly impressed but didn't really expect to be since we had been to Playa de Carmen and Calica before.

All in all, we had a wonderful trip. It far surpassed our more expensive trip on the Liberty last year in a balcony cabin. We had much more fun and loved the size of the Fantasy Class Ship. Easy back & forth.

Next year back to the Eastern on the Dream....will go midship next time and YourtimeDining again.

The Inspiration has a unique quality about it...must be because it was built in 96. Kinda purple and dark but oh, so much fun!!!!!!!!!

We highly recommend it!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Does the Inspiration do the midnight buffet or the chocolate buffet?

We just got off the Inspiration last Thurs (1/21). They did not have the midnight buffet I was expecting. They did have an 11:30 mexican buffet. On previous cruises the midnight bffet was an event not to be missed. Our previous cruises were on Princess and Royal Carribean so maybe Carnival is just different. This midnight buffet was held on the outdoor buffet on the Lido deck and included 1 ice carving which you couldn't get a good pic of because it was behind the serving lines and 2 watermelon carvings. The was no chocolate buffet that I am aware of.

Archived