Bringing Infants and Toddlers onboard the Sapphire Princess

dougpeng

I recently returned from an Alaskan Cruise aboard the Sapphire Princess with my 4 year old daughter and 1 year old son. I made an informative website http://www.lumuc.com/sapphireprincess/ regarding young children onboard activities, child safety, child transportation to the cruise ship, and kid friendliness for other parents with young children to see. Hope you find this site helpful.

Hi - your site is informative, but it would be great if you had a place where fellow cruisers could share additional (or different) information. For example: you mention that a hand blender for baby's food might come in handy. Yet, Princess states in their form for baby food requests that they will also blend ANY food for you on the ship. In addition, they will provide you with Gerber brand Stage 1 or 2 foods (dinners, fruits, veggies, desserts, and meats) and boxed cereal as well. You just need to ask in advance.

I think that you will have disagreement on opinions like "balcony cabins offer little value" in Alaska.

But I think it is great that you took the time and effort to share your experiences!

I agree!!! We had a balcony cabin for an Alaskan cruise and it was awesome to be able to step out see the beauty. And not have to fight for my space!! Now travelling with an infant, it would be great to be able to sit out there while a child naps... BUT we always go in the summer, so better weather.

I think that you will have disagreement on opinions like "balcony cabins offer little value" in Alaska.

But I think it is great that you took the time and effort to share your experiences!

I totally agree. All the balcony cabins were sold out when we booked but we were lucky enough to get upgraded to a minisuite with a balcony. My 2yo was out there everyday and quite a few nights. It was like having an extra room. It made a huge difference when he was still up while my 6yo was trying to sleep.

Archived