Oosterdam SC 5191 - Opinions?

PirateShark

Hi all...we're thinking about booking this for next year in July or August for an Alaskan Cruise. If anyone has ever stayed in this particular cabin, all input is greatly appreciated! Also, if you have a picture, that would be a nice inclusion also :) Thanks for all of your input.

Hi all...we're thinking about booking this for next year in July or August for an Alaskan Cruise. If anyone has ever stayed in this particular cabin, all input is greatly appreciated! Also, if you have a picture, that would be a nice inclusion also :) Thanks for all of your input.

hey..I checked on Cruisestateroom.com and there are pictures someone has posted of that cabin....looks like 7 total photos, including some of the veranda.

I can't legally post them because CSR is a pay site. I think it only cost me around 12 dollars and I believe it is a one time only payment (lifetime membership) I could be wrong.....but if might be worth it to you to see your cabin. They buy photos from people who have been in the rooms, but not all rooms are pictured. (Mine was not)

We just got off the Zuiderdam Inside Passage cruise and were in SC 5190 (the opposite corner from 5191). Should be the same for Oosterdam. I can say without a doubt that this room was definitely worth it for Alaska. The wrap around balacony is huge - probably among the largest on the ship. Being able to view the glaciers from both the rear and side of the ship was fantastic. It's also completely covered which proved to be perfect for the days when it rained...we were still able to go outside and take lots of pictures. Had we been in warmer climate we probably would have used it a lot more, but being that this was our first time in Alaksa we felt it was well worth it. I also think the aft SC suites on deck 5 are a tiny bit larger (longer lengthwise) than those on decks 4, 6, 7 and 8..though I'm only basing this off of pictures I've seen on other posts. We had 3 in the room and were very comfortable. The bathroom and dressing area are pretty much the same as the SA suites on the sides of the ship. The only bummer is it's a bit of a hike to the Neptune lounge but we got used to it after the first day. I haven't had a chance to post any pictures but will attempt to attach a few here for now. I say go for it!! :D

IMG_0591.jpg.a65e2a6f68e71923346578ebd3837eee.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg.c38839dd060ea24b3db8bca0c95c7598.jpg

IMG_0679.jpg.d596f5fce7283f2d285ac852dedf7fe2.jpg

Sounds like the "Sharkies" will be taking that Alaskan cruise - the suite looks fabulous. I also like the idea of the overhang for the balcony portion as DH is a photographer. OK...I'll jump on this!

Archived