General kids's club question

State fans

We've cruised several times, but never with our kids (6 and 9). After a few years of land-based adventures, we're thinking about a family cruise. I'm confused about one thing though - can we leave the kids in the kids club while we spend the day touring off the ship?

If it makes any difference, we'd likely be on Princess, Celebrity, RCCL or NCL.

Thanks for the help.

Yes, on port days, you can leave the kids on the ship in the kids club while you do an excursion. It will, of course, be up to you if you should. ;)

The counselors will have no way to get ahold of you if the child needs you. If the child has a medical emergency onboard while you are off, then the counselors have the power to make the medical decisions in your place (you sign a paper giving them that right).

There have been lots of debate on this board about this. It took me a while and the kids were on their 8th cruise before I felt comfortable enough to leave them in the club while we did an ATV excursion in Belize. And we still had friends/family back on the ship. So I knew if something happened to us in port, then at least the kids would have someone onboard to take care of them.

Have a great cruise. :D

Archived