Quick exit from the ship at ports...

How long does it usually take to exit the ship? Any recommendations on how to exit quickly?

I'd like to do some jet-skiing in Key West when our ship (the Rhapsody) docks there at 3:00pm. However, the jet-ski tour starts at 3:30pm. Any thoughts on this attempt? The tour operator thinks that this is possible... but he says that it's also very possible that it won't work because of various factors (ships being late, etc).

The two times I docked in Key West, we did not get off the ship until 4:00 at the earliest. One time, we zooooomed to the Hemingway House (on foot) and got there before last entry at 4:30. Last time, we wanted to go to the Butterfly Museum, but it also closed at 4:30, was a longer walk, and the cabs and bike guys wouldn't bring us because the streets are really clogged by then and they knew we wouldn't make it.

Key West is really more of a shopping and nightspot port when one arrives so late, IMO. It's too bad!

Keep in mind that Key West makes you clear US customs, we have waited up to 2 hours to get off before (1st time 2 hours, 2nd time 50 min). No tender but takes forever to get people cleared if you have the ignorant ones aboard. They do pass out tickets for exit so I would get there asap and get the first group exiting. Don't think about taking the stairs down because they block them and unless you have the right number they wouldn't let anyone pass. I hope you have no trouble but just want you to know that there can be problems.

Bon Voyage

Dawna

Archived