Should I book flight with AirTran ????

mandas08

Our flight was changed, but only by 5 minutes but plane arrived 10 minutes early. I was worried about a 35 min layover :eek: in Atlanta but even with changing concourses there was plenty of time. Coming home they asked for volunteers to be bumped. They offered us 2 RT tickets each (8 total), meal vouchers, hotel & transportation.

Sometimes a change can work to your advantage (maybe not if you are trying to make a cruise the same day), because Airtran will let you move to another flight at no additional charge of course. Sometimes you can end up on a flight you preferred because you didn't book it in the first place because another time was cheaper.

Sometimes a change can work to your advantage (maybe not if you are trying to make a cruise the same day), because Airtran will let you move to another flight at no additional charge of course. Sometimes you can end up on a flight you preferred because you didn't book it in the first place because another time was cheaper.

Glad it works to some folks favor. In my case, I booked and paid for the more expensive flight to get the times I wanted and now I've been forced to take the cheaper flight/less diserable time and still stuck paying the higher price. It just seems that's fnot fair and we've tried talking to 3 different AirTran staff. We were very patient/kind in our talks with them and really didn't think we were out of line asking for the extra $ that we paid to be put toward baggage and seat assignement fees since AirTran refused to refund the difference. Plus if it's like Jerseygirl 79's experience we may still have other flight time changes to have to contend with since we also don't fly for more than 3 months...........yikes, it's stressful thinking that might happen and now I feel I need to check my reservations daliy in case AirTran tries to pull another surprise on us. When does the madness stop?

A question for those who have flown Airtran before. They have satellite radio in each seat. Do you remember what kind of plug that they use for the headphones? Do they sell the headphones or do you have to bring your own?

Joe<---Just countin' down the days! :D

A question for those who have flown Airtran before. They have satellite radio in each seat. Do you remember what kind of plug that they use for the headphones? Do they sell the headphones or do you have to bring your own?

Joe<---Just countin' down the days! :D

They used to give them free but my last flight they said they would stop when they were used up. They never sld them but believe most people have ipods. Its the same size plug.

The satellite is great and the only airline that lets you listen on the way up and the way down.

Archived