Entertainment Question for Experienced Trans At. Celebrity Cruisers

Cruise Arizona

One minor disappointment me for on last year's Summit TA was that they did not bring on board any local cultural entertainers. I've heard of Flamenco dancers or Greek Dancers on Med Cruises, but on that TA they didn't bring any one on board to do any kind of extra entertainment.

I noticed on the Solstice Med Cruise Dailies posted that their was a Greek/Turkish cultural experience on board that included dancing, ect.

What has been your experience on TA Cruises with Celebrity.

I was on a Solstice TA this past April, don't remember any cultural entertainers. However, there were so many venues for entertainers around eveningtime, there could have been one, and I possibly could have never known. The closest thing they offered was Dr. Culture (very popular) to speak about Spanish culture. He helped brief us on port-days for the cultures we were to encounter. Interesting, I hope Celebrity brings him back.

On the 9/9/08 Trans Atlantic from Barcelona we had one local group from Lisbon. That was the only local group in that 14 night cruise.

Linda, I remember we over-nighted in Lisbon. Celebrity will usually bring on local entertainment if that occurs.

Karyn,

We had local entertainers on our Hawaii cruise when we were in Honolulu untill 11 pm, and Acapulco until 11 pm. Thinking back years and years ago we had a folk dance troupe come on our ship in Martinique.

I loved the Hulu show and the Folklorico show in Hawaii and Acapulco respectively.

I find dance to be a language of its own that expresses so much about people and culture. It can teach us so much about the places with visit.

Our Solstice Cruise will take us from Rome, Livorno, Villafrance, Barcelona, Cartegena, and Funchal. None of our departures are late, or overnight, so we may be out of luck on this cruise.

We have done four transatlantics on Celebrity and have not had local entertainment while in port. A transatlantic is one way and ports stops are not that long - maybe because they are offered in usually offered in early spring and late fall when the days aren't all that long.

Archived