Independence food supplies/longer cruises

Just wondering if the Independence can restock while in ports for fresh fruit and vegetables? We did a galley tour on Disney and they said nothing was allowed on after sailaway - everything for a week was loaded on embarkation day. How does this work on a 14 night cruise through Europe?

Just wondering if the Independence can restock while in ports for fresh fruit and vegetables? We did a galley tour on Disney and they said nothing was allowed on after sailaway - everything for a week was loaded on embarkation day. How does this work on a 14 night cruise through Europe?

We did a 13 day transatlantic on her this past April. I don't think they take on fresh provisions, but most everything in relation to food was fine. On our past transatlantics, they had long shelf life milk towards the end of the cruise. Not so on this one. Still Velda Farms milk out of south Florida. The main things they DID run out of were Sweet and Low and that horrid Iced Tea concentrate they use. That was easily and better remedied with tea bags and hot water over ice. I just had to live with Equal or Splenda. Just a bit annoying but not a problem. We are on her again for the November crossing.

Watch out for the milk. We have seen that go bad even on shorter cruises. :p I don't know the answer in general, we have also seen cruise ships pick up provisions, on pallets, at port stops. :)

Archived