St Croix webcam tonight

swom

Sorry you missed the fun. A few times per year, Christiansted closes the streets to traffic at 5pm and vendors and restaurants set up un the streets. There is live music and Mocko Jumbies, who are quite graceful and talented stilt- walkers in traditional dress.

We were sitting not far from the cam and we were laughing- there is a small unlit box on the ground that rises to ankle- level, I tripped over it and wondered how many folks were seen on the webcam, flailing for balance like me, lol.

If you look at gotostcroix.com, I think they list the dates for the Jump- Ups. The next one will be Fri 27 November, hope to see you there!

That small unlit box.........is that the orange thing I see that looks like someone just dropped a flotation cushion on the dock and left it there?

I always wondered what that was.

Thanks for the explanation. I will look for next one. It looked like a lot of fun.

I am seriously considering putting some gaudy relective tape all around the edges, plus a big healthy X on top- so many people snagged a foot on that box- and they weren't ALL drunk, lol.

So we'll see you in November, then. Even on island time, I should have the box marked by that time.

OK, I have another question. LOL

There is usually a man that hangs out there in front of the camera or around it. He doesn't look old, but has grey hair and always has on a brown shirt and khaki shorts and sandals. I've seen people give him money and cigs.

Well, I haven't seen him for a few days and was wondering if you knew who he was or what has happened to him. I worry about the guy.

Thanks!

thepeacha:

The guy I'm talking about is there now. I'm so glad to see him. I was worried about him. LOL Geez, I need to get a life or go on a cruise......

Actually, I found a great hotel to go down there for 5 days, but geez, the cost of an airline ticket is ridculous....

If you find out who this guy is or know about him, let me know. I'm just glad to know he's OK. I really do need to get off these webcams. :D

Archived