Anyone ever done a snorkle trip with Sand Dollar?

Fleetwood

I am starting to look for activities in St.Maarten, and I came across the Sand Dollar snorkle trip to Creole rock, any thoughts?

I also found the Rhino Riders that Princess sells for 175$ for 45 bucks, but the say they can't rent to cruise passengers!

Gary

I did the trip to Creole Rock on the Sand Dollar while on AOS this past October. It was really nice. There were only three couples and the captain on this excursion. We really enjoyed it and would do it again. No lunch served just bread and Gouda cheese, beer/wine and sodas. Afterwards we stopped at a roadside stand and had a very excellent lunch -- seafood creole and hubby had ribs that he states were the absolute best. Lunch was under $10.00 with enough food for 4 people. Had plenty of time left to shop too.

Okay, I'm not usually one for lying, but couldn't you just say you are not cruise ship passengers? (Really, what business is it of theirs how you get to the island?) I mean, they and Princess may have a contract, but you didn't agree to it. What next, Princess tells you where you can and can't shop or have lunch?

You would have to take a taxi to the departure point rather than Princess transfers, but really.... If they sold the entire booking to Princess for resale, fine. Considering that you found it available online for anyone to purchase means they didn't. You should not feel bound by a deal made by Princess...especially for a price difference of $130. What is Princess giving you that is worth $130? A gold snorkel???

beachchick

I did the trip to Creole Rock on the Sand Dollar while on AOS this past October. It was really nice. There were only three couples and the captain on this excursion. We really enjoyed it and would do it again. No lunch served just bread and Gouda cheese, beer/wine and sodas. Afterwards we stopped at a roadside stand and had a very excellent lunch -- seafood creole and hubby had ribs that he states were the absolute best. Lunch was under $10.00 with enough food for 4 people. Had plenty of time left to shop too.

Did you book this excursion through the cruise line? I checked their website and in the reservations section they asked for the name of the hotel and a contact number while in SXM. How did you handle those questions? Looks like a great excursion is it very relaxing We're not looking for high activity i.e. America's Cup Regatta Race.

Did you book this excursion through the cruise line?/QUOTE]

On the form filled out with www.stmaarten-activities.com, in the section where they asked for hotel information I typed in the cruise ship name and date of arrival I believe I made a notation in the comments section on the form and also sent e-mails to be sure that they could accommodate us. It was very relaxing. If we didn't want to snorkle we could have just stayed onboard and just chilled with the captain. He spent time reading and writing.

Archived