Vancouver entertainment book

• 4 weeks later...

In no particualr order:

Griffins in Hotel Vancouver....moderate but good

Aqua Riva....good but expensive

Al Porto .....moderate but good

Water Street Cafe ..... moderate but good

Aria ..... good but expensive

I wouldn't worry too much about the expensive ones as your meal will be nicely discounted with your cupons. Most of these restaurants have websites. Enjoy:)

Putterdude - thanks for all your input on Vancouver. Of the places you just mentioned, how far are each from Fairmont Waterfront? I will have an 85 year old with me so I want to limit the walking for her.

DaveOKC

Dave,

Aqua Riva is within 100 paces east of the hotel. Water St. Cafe and Al Porto are in Gastown, about 4 blocks east of the you, Griffins is about 5 blocks north and Aria is out of the question to walk to. With your mobility concerns I have re-looked the list and nothing leaps out at me that is closer. A non-coupon choice might be Steamworks-Continental which a pub-style restaurant again about 100 paces east of your hotel.:)

http://www.steamworks.com/transcontinental/index.html

In no particualr order:

Griffins in Hotel Vancouver....moderate but good

Aqua Riva....good but expensive

Al Porto .....moderate but good

Water Street Cafe ..... moderate but good

Aria ..... good but expensive

I wouldn't worry too much about the expensive ones as your meal will be nicely discounted with your cupons. Most of these restaurants have websites. Enjoy:)

Thanks, Putterdude! We'll be there in 2 weeks. Can't wait to visit your beautiful city!

tutuwahineLV,

I am sure that you will enjoy it. Situated on Burrard just south of Robson St., it is located close to most of the city's downtown attractions and restaurants. It is considered by many to be 5* but I am not sure that it deserves quite that high a rating however it is definitely a very high 4*. You will be less then a $10 cab fare (including tip) to the pier. A very good choice.:)

Archived