Just off the Conquest

CruiseCATnMACK

We're booked with Trevor Hudlin in Jamaica (have heard good reviews on Barretts as well) and probalby some of us will spend the afternoon at Sunset Beach. It looks/sounds great. Doing stingrays with Cptn marvin in GC and some are doing the island tour with him also. Some are going to Tulum ruins in Cozumel through Carnival and others (including me) will probably just shop and go to Paradise Beach.

We have a diverse group - seniors through couples in 40's and 50's and two single ladies in 30's I think. Most are first time cruisers. Another couple and hubby and I were on one of Conquest's first sailings over Thanksgiving its inagural year. A beautiful ship.

Debbie

Thats a good question, I have no clue how many are in the group now, hmmm at least 30 I can think of who reply regularily or semi regularily, plus your large contigent LOL We are doing Captain Marvins too in Cayman, 830 am I believe and than I am going solo for beginners scuba diving, maybe I can shang hai someone from our board to be adventurous and go along with me LOL we already booked the dolphin swim in Cozumel and will probably do any shopping we or should say my family of girls LOL want to do there...I read elsewhere Carnival doesnt do anything for Cruise Critic get togethers, not even a sign on book...Ive read too that boarding can be done sometimes as early as 10 am sometimes but will almost always start long before noon and their stated time of 130pm I think it is, we plan on spending a few hours after our flight in NO before we board so it will probaly be 3pm or so before we liven up the ship LOL Havent seen anything on parking there lately and I know a few weeks ago it was a mess because of construction but no word lately if construction has finished

Mike

Debbie

not even a sign on book...Mike

Mike,

From what I have gathered from these boards, there is a log book aboard the Conquest for us to sign. It's located in the library, if I am not mistaken. Just ask for it. (You can also do a search about it, too, and will be able to read the posts that I am talking about.) I hope you all have a fabulous time!! :D

Happy sailing,

T.

Debbie,,, Read a review from someone who cruised a week ago and the parking lot situation in NO is still bad due to construction,,,hope that helps you,,,we are trying to figure out if we should go to the sail away CC Party or to dinner the first night and meet with other CC'ers here at one of the other times that has been set, wondering if most have late dining and will be at sail away and we will miss everybody LOL Than again Im sure some will show up for all 3 LOL see you on the cruise very shortly now !!! Mike

Not sure if we will make Sail away meeting or not either. I'm tempted to try out the supper club first night, but I guess I need to be sure my "flock" is seated to please them in the dining room. However, maybe I can check on that before hand. We plan to arrive early. Even though we are close I wish we could find a hotel with reasonable cost and parking for the week rather than the hassle of the parking garage deal. They told us do NOT come to the pier - you could NOT even drop off - go directly to one of the parking garages. See all of you soon!

Archived