Anyone Recently Back from Alaska - Tuxedos

loves2cruz

Off Golden from Alaska on July 4th. Our first formal night was Sunday night and there were very few at dinner because of very rough seas and lots of green folks (Capt. Foster said it was the worst "pounding" of the season). Of those hardy souls who did venture out, it was about 5% tux, 20% dark suit, 30% sport coat and the rest slacks and shirt. It is very understandable that many passengers just didn't feel like dressing-up (or even eating). The second formal night (Thursday) was maybe 10% tux, 30% dark suit, 40% sport coat with rest slacks and shirt.

Ladies dress up much more than the guys. :)

We just didn't see that many guys in a tux - me included.

I was on the Island Princess NB on the June 8th sailing. My estimate was that 20% of the men wore tuxes, 70% wore dark suits and 10% wore dress pants, dress shirt and tie with no jacket.

I was on the Island Princess NB on the June 8th sailing. My estimate was that 20% of the men wore tuxes, 70% wore dark suits and 10% wore dress pants, dress shirt and tie with no jacket.

That is a good estimate for all the cruises I've ever been at +/- the standard 5% sampling error :D

If being part of the herd of sheep is important you'll never go wrong with a sport jacket tie and nice slacks or a dark suit. ;)

Archived