weather next week?

alaskagain

Leaving Friday for Anchorage for 3 days then on to the Coral on MOnday. Weather looks a little wet for next week... Oh well, it is Alaska. You never know.

Well right now looking at the 5 day which goes through Friday (local TV station) there is no rain in Anchorage's forecast.

Need to warn you though there are 64 or so fires currently in the State. So between the two big ones up by Nenana and the one down by Soldonta we've been in haze for over a week now.

Right now you can't even see the mountains that surround Anchorage and at times we do have a smoke smell too. I have a friend that wood smoke can activate her asthma, so just putting out the warning in case anyone in your traveling party or anyone coming has an adverse reaction to wood smoke.

Susan in Anchorage :)

Sorry guys was going off of weather.com. I am sure you locals would know more than them!

Hope it is wrong! Was there in 2004 when the fires prevented us from going to Dawson and went to Valdez instead. That worked out great as we then went on the Columbia Glacier cruise with Stan Stephens, AWESOME!

Either way, can't wait, love Alaska and all she has to offer!

Sorry guys was going off of weather.com. I am sure you locals would know more than them!

Hope it is wrong! Was there in 2004 when the fires prevented us from going to Dawson and went to Valdez instead. That worked out great as we then went on the Columbia Glacier cruise with Stan Stephens, AWESOME!

Either way, can't wait, love Alaska and all she has to offer!

Basically the whole state is stuck in a high pressure area and our days for the last week have been high 70s with it getting to be I think 80 (officially) last Tuesday or Wednesday, was even suppose to hit 70 today on the North Slope. Don't wish often that I had air conditioning in the house, but last week there has been a couple of days that I wish I had it.

Susan in Anchorage :)

Archived