Beach front hotel - Tampa area?

beachbum6264

We'll be on the Legend out of Tampa next month and will be driving down a couple of days early. Anyone know a nice beach front hotel (not a huge one) - We've stayed at the Don Cesar in the past and like that area (St Pete beach) - but want to spend a little less this time. Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance!

I hope you get some responses to your question. I will be in Tampa in November leaving on the Legend. Last time in Tampa I stayed at the Sailport, which was fairly affordable and on the bay. This time, I would enjoy being on the beach but I have just now started to research where to stay.

Tampa itself doesn't really have any beach area to speak of; closest that would be relatively convenient would be in Pinellas County (Clearwater, St Pete, or one of the myriad small towns that are all grown together).

I hope you get some responses to your question. I will be in Tampa in November leaving on the Legend. Last time in Tampa I stayed at the Sailport, which was fairly affordable and on the bay. This time, I would enjoy being on the beach but I have just now started to research where to stay.

I just booked the Grand Hyatt on Bayport Drive for 11-14 on Priceline for $60.00 + taxes. total about $71.00 for one night.

Tampa itself doesn't really have any beach area to speak of; closest that would be relatively convenient would be in Pinellas County (Clearwater, St Pete, or one of the myriad small towns that are all grown together).

I actually grew up in Pinellas County (Indian Rocks Beach), but so much has changed since I moved. Thought about IRB or Sand Key, but wanted to be a bit closer (I remember the traffic!!). Anyone have a St. Pete beach recommendation? Close to Don Cesar area?

I just booked the Grand Hyatt on Bayport Drive for 11-14 on Priceline for $60.00 + taxes. total about $71.00 for one night.

I too booked the Grand Hyatt through priceline "name your own price" for 50 plus taxes (63). Its tough to beat that caliber a hotel for the money.

The Grand Hyatt looks like a great place, but anyone have a suggestion for something on the GULF?? St. Pete beach?? (don't want to drive over the Sunshine Skyway!) We are going to be driving down a couple of days early and want to spend them sitting on the sand. ANYONE???? :confused:

Archived