Crown Princess August 2009

Will be sailing on the Crown to many ports we have never visited. In looking over the tour offereings most seem very expensive. Can anyone offer suggestions for the best ways to sepnd time in Cobh, Dublin,Liverpool,Belfast,Grrenock, Invergordon and Queensferry. Unless I hear soemthig terrible will rent a car in LeHavre and go to Honfleur and Normandy

Will be sailing on the Crown to many ports we have never visited. In looking over the tour offereings most seem very expensive. Can anyone offer suggestions for the best ways to sepnd time in Cobh, Dublin,Liverpool,Belfast,Grrenock, Invergordon and Queensferry. Unless I hear soemthig terrible will rent a car in LeHavre and go to Honfleur and Normandy

Have you checked the roll calls for your sailing (8/12 or 8/24)? Lots of great information about private excursions at these ports on the roll calls. Put you request on the roll call and I'm sure you'll get some responses.

Don

Check the Crown Princess roll call for your sailing date and I am sure there will be tons of suggestions for doing it yourself or joining small groups in the ports. We are on the August 12 sailing and have hundreds of people on our roll call and the postings exceed 1000. We have rented a car last year in Le Havre and drove to Omaha Beach and then back to Honfleur. It was a lovely trip so this year we have booked the car again at the port and will spend more time driving around the Honfleur area. If you wish to email me, I can send you the notes I have made for the ports with the ideas we are using for doing it on our own or small group tours. bahansen@shaw.ca

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with the previous answers. Do selective searches thro' the search facility on this forum to discover the wealth of links and advice. I live in the UK and have been impressed and surprised by the information contained herein.

Archived