Mach...any word from Carnival...

Here's the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1018749&highlight=happybooker1

If you read all the way to the end, Mach did report it and even sent a copy of the scan of the slip I got.

*Supposedly* this issue's been addressed @ Galveston. Don't know about other ports OR over-zealous Customs officials out to be A-holes. They can still make your life miserable.

I was watching this carefully. I got married 14 months ago and still have 5 years on my passport, but they want a full payment to do a name change. Can I still use my old one and our marriage certificate?

Unless you are trying to commit some type of fraud just travel under your maiden name.

My drivers license and all other official documents are under my married name. I kept my maiden for our honeymoon, because it would have created an issue, but now I have everything under my married name.

I'm not sure why you say I am committing fraud by traveling under my official name???

Regarding that report last week from the woman coming back through Customs and was told she wasn't "in compliance" with just her ID and BC? I've been waiting for an update from you when you'd heard back from your contact at Carnival.

Yeah... it's not a problem... a BC and proper photo ID are fine...

They investigated and were told by CBP that it was 'an isolated incident.' Read that to mean that someone in Galveston didn't have a clue...

:)

Here's the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1018749&highlight=happybooker1

If you read all the way to the end, Mach did report it and even sent a copy of the scan of the slip I got.

*Supposedly* this issue's been addressed @ Galveston. Don't know about other ports OR over-zealous Customs officials out to be A-holes. They can still make your life miserable.

The issue HAS been addressed. They are aware of what is required for transit on a closed loop cruise...

So, I have to offer MAJOR thanks to the folks at Carnival for A LOT of work that they did to put this to rest...

It was NOT your fault.

I'm glad we got a resolution...

:)

Archived