Help with Aft Balcony ( which room) Spirit

Hey Guys, I need some help. I have a Aft room already (7298) on the Spirit and my question is about the balcony over hang. I have been reading about some are better than others. Please help. I am still able to change to either 8268- 4228 -5295. I saw some pictures of room 4237 and it had a good size over hang. Room ( 7298) has room for 4 people to sleep that's why I picked it. If any one has pictures of (7298) Please send.

Hey Guys, I need some help. I have a Aft room already (7298) on the Spirit and my question is about the balcony over hang. I have been reading about some are better than others. Please help. I am still able to change to either 8268- 4228 -5295. I saw some pictures of room 4237 and it had a good size over hang. Room ( 7298) has room for 4 people to sleep that's why I picked it. If any one has pictures of (7298) Please send.

We were in 7347 (the opposite corner) on the Pride, there are some pics in my signature where you can see how much of an overhang is on that deck. It was plenty for us, a little shade and there was no rain, so I didn't even think about how much of an overhang there was.

I had 8273 on the Spirit and 4237 on the Miracle. We chose 4237 on the Miracle because of the extra coverage....we wanted the additional protection from the sun on our southern caribbean cruise. We had 8273 on the Spirit in Alaska and the balcony was great too. I think you are limited in choice if you want a corner cabin that sleeps three though; not all do. I think if given a choice, I would take 4228 and go for the extra overhang....it's works well in rain too!

I asked the same question for my upcoming Alaskan cruise.....I decided to book an aft cabin on the 4000 floor. I found out through the replies on here (thanx everyone) that there is more overhang/roof and that the balcony was a little bigger, due to the fact that the railing is more up and down vs slanted like on the other floors. With the greater possibilty of it being rainy on our cruise I didnt want to miss the scenery and fight for a place to stand in the public places. I hope this helps

We have 7298 booked for our cruise on the Spirit and cannot wait. Our PVP indicated this stateroom is set up better layout-wise than the others. Go to cruisedeckplans.com to get a better idea of what each aft wrap on the Spirit offers.

Different folks like different aft wraps for a variety of reasons....as we have seen here. The most important thing is to have FUN on your cruise, regardless of which room you settle on!

gridswaldtravlers,

Here is some information on some of the Aft Wraps on the Spirit. The information is derived from cruisedeckplans.com:

Cabin 7298 (11 VER3) 245/220 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-1 sofabed rab:0

View: window and wrap-around balcony connecting balconies: no

separate bedroom area; 2-TV's; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; wall safe; hair dryer; minibar;

large closet; shower/tub/whirlpool; dressing area; sitting area consisting of a sofa, armchair and coffee table.

Cabin 8268 (11 VER3) 245/220 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-1 sofabed rab:0

separate bedroom area; 2-TV's; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; wall safe; hair dryer; minibar;

large closet; shower/tub/whirlpool; dressing area; sitting area consisting of a sofa, armchair and coffee table.

Cabin 4228 (11 VER2) 245/220 sq ft

Beds: twin/king rab:0 connecting doors: 4230

Cabin 4237 (11 VER2) 245/220 sq ft

Beds: twin/king rab:0 connecting doors: 4239

Cabin 5295 (11 VER2) 245/220 sq ft

Beds: twin/king rab:0

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; wall safe; hair dryer; minibar; shower/tub/whirlpool;

large closet; dressing area; sitting area consisting of a sofa, armchair and coffee table.

Carnival Subcategory Codes:

VER2: Oceanview/Suite two lower beds

VER3: Oceanview/Suite two lower beds with one single sofa bed

SUITE AMENITIES:

Ocean View Balcony Suite with Wrap-Around

Category 11

5266 5295

• Stateroom dimension: 245 square feet
  • Balcony dimension: 220 square feet
  • 1 television with remote control
  • Audio/Video Input plate: for guests to connect and view their DVD/Video source through the TV.
  • Minibar
  • Bathroom: combination shower/whirlpool/bathtub; 2 sinks
  • Hair dryer
  • Sitting area: sofa; armchair; coffee table
  • Twin beds convert to a king
  • Wall safe
  • Pillow Menu (see below)
  • Large closet
  • Balcony: lounge chair; patio chair; table

Ocean View Balcony Suite with Wrap-Around

Category 11

4228 4237 6260 6329 7298 7347 8268 8273

• Stateroom dimension: 245 square feet
  • Balcony dimension: 220 square feet
  • Separate bedroom from sitting area
  • 2 televisions with remote control
  • Audio/Video Input plate: for guests to connect and view their DVD/Video source through the TV.
  • Minibar
  • Bathroom: combination shower/whirlpool/bathtub; 2 sinks
  • Hair dryer
  • Sitting area: sofa; armchair; coffee table
  • Twin beds convert to a king
  • Wall safe
  • Pillow Menu (see below)
  • Large closet
  • Dressing area: vanity table; chair
  • Balcony: lounge chair, patio chair and a table

Pillow Menu

Our pillows are of the highest quality. In the suites, we offer our Soft & Downey Pillow, 4 ounces of white goose down surrounding 22 ounces of

white goose feathers. In addition, the Pillow Menu provides the following choices for the guest’s own comfort:

• Pillow 1: Soft and Downey Pillow, goose down surrounding goose feathers
  • Pillow 2: New Generation Pillow, synthetic slick fibers, soft, anti allergenic
  • Pillow 3: Softique Pillow, synthetic, medium, anti allergenic
  • Pillow 4: Latex Pillow, firm, anti allergenic
  • Pillow 5: Goose Down, soft

Hope this helps you. Have FUN!

gridswaldtravlers,

Here are a few links to some photograph's that may help you out.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2654541590102338296YZOwmE?vhost=good-times (Legend Suite 7298/Sister to Spirit)

http://travel.webshots.com/album/349475831RKwETl (Spirit Suite 6329 Aft Wrap…similar to 7298) on Page 2 of this photo gallery, there is a GREAT shot of the rear of the Spirit, where you can see all of the aft wrap and aft center rooms.

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/image.php?id=61746 Another exterior shot of the Spirit’s Aft area

WOW!!! Thanks for all your help. I couldn't sleep all night. My head was trying to figure it all out, only because we have our adult children in a interior room across from us. And there are no inside rooms on Deck 4 so I will keep my room 7298 and be happy with it. But boy I want to thank you all for all the pictures and info. I will sleep good tonight knowing I can just enjoy my trip no matter what. If it rains it rains!!!

Thanks again, I never realized how much info is out there about cruise info

WOW!!! Thanks for all your help. I couldn't sleep all night. My head was trying to figure it all out, only because we have our adult children in a interior room across from us. And there are no inside rooms on Deck 4 so I will keep my room 7298 and be happy with it. But boy I want to thank you all for all the pictures and info. I will sleep good tonight knowing I can just enjoy my trip no matter what. If it rains it rains!!!

Thanks again, I never realized how much info is out there about cruise info

There is one inside cabin on deck 4. It is across from cabin 4237.

Archived