river tubing with 4 and 7 year old?

daynab

Is it possible to do the river tubing with our 4 year old. We did the falls last year and my then 3 year old could not do it. We would like to try again this year and maybe do something else as well. Please let me know if we should even attempt it. I don't want to end up in an argumement with DH if I book it and it is impossible to do.

Thanks in advance.

Dayna

We did the river tubing in Ocho Rios just last week and I would say you would have no problem with children. The river is very tame and the tubes have a fibre glass bottom in them. You just float along peacefully and it is incredibly beautiful. I would recommend booking a personal tour with a private operator though so that you can get the personal attention of a guide to keep you moving along and out of the little side waters. In the large group tours you are just one of many but if you book a small tour you will get a personal guide floating along with you and, in our case, making up reggae songs to fit the occasion all the way down. My daughters made a good friend on that trip.

I would personally recommend A-Z Planners Belinda@a-zjamaicaplanners.com

who looked after us. You get thoroughly professional dockside service, personalized tours and for much less than the canned tour sold on the ship. No matter what the cruise line says, you aren't going to miss the ship if you book with a reliable local tour operator.

We went last year when our daughter was 6 and our son was 15. We all had a great time. The trip downriver itself was really fun, but not strenuous, and the surroundings were really beautiful. We ended up at a rasta's village, had some really great jerk chicken, and our 6-year-old was rope-swinging into the river. The guides were great, and would just pluck her out after she dropped in. We really had a great time.

Archived