Connecting staterooms

Has anyone stayed in a stateroom that has a connecting door to another room? It will be just two of use traveling this December on the Miracle :p and our PVP is offering us one of these staterooms on Deck 7. I understand that the door will stay locked, but what about noise level? Will we hear our neighbours behind that door? :confused:

Any advice or comments are appreciated.

Thanks, Chelsea

If it makes no difference to you & there are other cabins available, I beg you to please take another cabin if you don't need the connecting one. There are only a few of these, please leave them for people who need/use them. :)

(First hand experience... on my upcoming cruise, I would like to have connecting cabins but someone booked one of the two that connect - leaving me to have to have seperate cabins.... and there are plenty available right in the same area & same category!)

Thank you all for your quick replies.

I am surprised myself that my PVP has offered us this type of cabin. But he said that in the category we want it was the only one available.

Does anybody know if all balcony rooms on the Miracle have a sofa?

Chelsea

My only experience with a connecting door was aboard the Destiny. The folks on the other side of the door liked to have late night shouting matches! I'm not sure if we would have heard them anyway, but the door made it a close-up-and-personal experience for us!:(

As to the sofa/chair.....we DID have a sofa in that cabin. I could not say for sure if this is the case with every cabin.

My only experience with a connecting door was aboard the Destiny. The folks on the other side of the door liked to have late night shouting matches! I'm not sure if we would have heard them anyway, but the door made it a close-up-and-personal experience for us!:(

As to the sofa/chair.....we DID have a sofa in that cabin. I could not say for sure if this is the case with every cabin.

Hearing that kindof makes me nervous. We booked and oceanview on the destiny and to my suprise we have a connecting room. I dont really want one and from u saying this i am going to call my PVP ASAP....Thanks

We were in a connecting last year on Miracle.

1. There was a sofa in the room . Our room was exactly the same as every other with the exception of the door connection.

2. We had no issue whatsoever with noise we never heard our neighbors and hope we did not disturb them :D

We have a connecting this year on the Legend.. we booked a guaranty and just so happened to get it.. friends are in the adjoining so it will be fun to open up the rooms and balcony.. almost like a suite.. well not really but to us it is...

We had connecting doors on Disney and then again on Carnival. I will say if you are loud voiced and the next room is quiet, but with people in there... they will hear you. I heard a dude on carnival several times cussing somebody out. All I kept hearing was "he's a punk a** mother fu****." :eek: Good Luck!:D

We were in a connecting last year on Miracle.

1. There was a sofa in the room . Our room was exactly the same as every other with the exception of the door connection.

2. We had no issue whatsoever with noise we never heard our neighbors and hope we did not disturb them :D

We have a connecting this year on the Legend.. we booked a guaranty and just so happened to get it.. friends are in the adjoining so it will be fun to open up the rooms and balcony.. almost like a suite.. well not really but to us it is...

Great to hear that!

Would love to have a sofa! Last time on the Miracle we had an inside room. But now it’s only balcony :p.

And thank you all for sharing your experiences. Looks like the stateroom behind the connecting door is already booked. We are pretty quiet, like to go to bed early and get up early also. We are still thinking…:cool:

I recall reading somewhere that if you have connecting rooms you will have a chair instead of a full sofa. You might want to check with your PVP on that if it's important to you.

We have traveled twice with connecting balcony cabins and each time we have had full sofas in each room.

Our room connects to our daughters, noise has never been an issue. We close the door at night to sleep and even with their sillies and tv on, we sleep in bliss:)

We had connecting rooms last cruise with our BFFs because we were unable to open up the balcony divider with them on the previous cruise. It was so much fun that we booked connecting again on the Dream. We were very respectful of each other's space and the doors got closed at night. We also were able to have the balcony open for most of the cruise. The towel animals really had fun roaming between the rooms.:D

Archived