Vancouver Hotel suggestions?

Hi

I am wondering if any of you know of a downtown hotel that offers a shuttle from the airport to the hotel and/or from hotel to dock?

Our flight arrives too late to be able to use the "Airporter" service. It seems that adding the cost of a taxi each way will add quite a bit to our short (8 hours) stay at the hotel.

Thanks so much for any suggestions.

Sheila

Don't know of any from downtown to the Airport but several offer it from the hotel to the Dock provided it is Canada Place - the Best Western Downtown, Hampton Inn are two that come to mind.

Some of the other locals will be by soon - some actually work for a living and some spend their day on the Golf Course - with some more suggestions.

You don't indicated when or how late you will be arriving but if it is after Labour Day our new Rapid transit linne from the Airport to downtown will be in service and it looks like the last train will be sometime around 1AM and its only 30 minutes to downtown. There is a chance that the line will start before that but nothing has been posted yet.

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks, Dennis, for your response.

Unfortunately, our ship departs from the other dock, and our mid august flight arrives at almost midnight. :(

We made some phone calls, and it seems that hotel shuttles are not something that is common in Vancouver .

I guess we will have to trust that taxis will be fair as far as prices go.

Thanks, again,

Sheila

Unfortunately, our ship departs from the other dock, and our mid august flight arrives at almost midnight. :(

We made some phone calls, and it seems that hotel shuttles are not something that is common in Vancouver .

I guess we will have to trust that taxis will be fair as far as prices go.

Lots of hotels, [near the airport] have free shuttles to the airport, and a fair number downtown have free shuttles to the cruise docks. I can't think of one that has both though.

If you're not going to spend any time in the city itself, the airport hotels will probably be cheaper, then a taxi the next day to the cruise terminal, rather than the other way around.

Archived