Bari in October

marlin48

We will be cruising on Arcadia to the Med in October, i am hoping someone out there can give me some info on Bari, i have seen a report somewhere but unable to find it.

Thanks in anticipation.

If you go to your cruise details in the top right of the itinerary you will see a map, click on the bullet point that is on Bari (keep guessing) then it tells you a bit, but it sounds like its a walk around job to me. Somewhere on the P&O site there is a place that has soort of mini videos I'll try to find it...

Bari is a gateway to the Puglia region. Both Alberobello and Ostuni are lovely little towns - Alberobello has some gorgeous trulli (such as seen on the Bari entry on the P&O site).

A bit of a google will help - the website doesn't give too many hints about the tours available.

The area is poor, but lovely. Real rural Italy.

Hi Marlin48,

We visited Bari on Arcadia last August and we loved it. We had a short stay because of the propulsion problem that the ship had at that time, so we only did the old town, which is really lovely if you like authentic Italy. There is also a more modern part of town that I am sure you could also do in a full day. The old town can be done in 2 -3 hours at slow pace. You can see the review I did of that cruise here http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=47009 if you haven't already looked at it.

There are also trips to lovely places outside Bari but if I recall right, you seem to spend a lot of time travelling to them.

Hope that helps.

Archived