Buying tabacco when off the ship in tenerife

I am going on a cruise on the RCI Navigator of the seas in October. I will be stopping at Santa Cruz in Tenerife for the day. my partner and I are both heavy smokers. can we bring as much tabacco on board as we want or is there a limit ?

we are flying from malaga to uk when we dock at malaga after our cruise. we roll our own so we buy tabacco. you can bring a largish quantity when flying from malaga to uk if its for personal use , we often do in our hand luggage without any problems. so can you bring say 10 cartons on board when getting back on ship from tenerife ? i know the tabacco is cheaper in tenerife than mainland spain

we are flying from malaga to uk when we dock at malaga after our cruise. we roll our own so we buy tabacco. you can bring a largish quantity when flying from malaga to uk if its for personal use , we often do in our hand luggage without any problems. so can you bring say 10 cartons on board when getting back on ship from tenerife ? i know the tabacco is cheaper in tenerife than mainland spain

Coming in from Malaga you would be fine because if you travel within the EU there is no limit but it must be proven it's for personal use only.

EU guideline amounts are:

10 litres of Spirits

20 litres of Fortified wine

90 litres of wine

100 litres of beer

800 cigarettes

400 cigarillos

200 cigars

1Kg of Tobacco

The Uk follow the EU guideline with exception of cigarette (3,200) and Tobacco (3Kg)

Travelling to the UK from outside the EU of which Tenerife is, it reverts to the restricted allowance of :

200 Cigarettes or 100 Cigarillos or 50 Cigars or 250g Tobacco

4 litres of Wine

1 litre of alcoholic beverages stronger than 22% (spirits) or 2 litres of fortified or sparkling wine or other Liquers

16 litres of beer

So depending on how much your planning on smoking and/or bringing back in you may have problems depending on where your coming home from? Not sure they can prove which country you purchased them from if your visiting EU and Non EU ones during your trip.

I don't know if RCCL have limits on cigarettes as to what you can bring on board, it will be taken (if spotted) if it's alcohol but not heard that about cigarettes.

I am going on a cruise on the RCI Navigator of the seas in October. I will be stopping at Santa Cruz in Tenerife for the day. my partner and I are both heavy smokers. can we bring as much tabacco on board as we want or is there a limit ?

although the Canaries are spanish they are not part of the EU for tax purposes and people in the UK often get stopped as they try to bring in lots of tabacoo products from the islands.

Archived