Ruby Princess September 2009

stocko

I have 3 questions can anyone help!

1, We embark in Barcelona and would like to see some of the city what time do we need to be back onboard, ship departs at 7pm.

2, Coffee cards what is this about! do you pay for your Tea and Coffee?

3, We have booked Rome & the Vatican City by private train can anyone tell me what time the train arrives at the vatican.

Thanks

1, We embark in Barcelona and would like to see some of the city what time do we need to be back onboard, ship departs at 7pm.

3, We have booked Rome & the Vatican City by private train can anyone tell me what time the train arrives at the vatican.

Thanks

Welcome to Cruise Critic.:)

1) Your cruise documents will advise what time you need to check in by, but if you've already checked in and are heading back out for a few hours, 6 p.m. is probably a good time to aim for.

2) The Princess Forum will be a good source of info on general questions re the ship.

If you go to the Roll Call Forum and find the thread for your sailing, you'll be able to chat with others who will be on your cruise, share info and ideas on tours, and learn about the Cruise Critic party on board, etc: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=481

Thanks

Come join our roll call. There are 55 of us and counting http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=786429&page=4 . Regarding #1 we are having a roll call meet & greet at 3:30pm and muster is at 5:15pm. Can't help you with #2 & #3. :)

I'm leaving to join the Ruby in a little over a week!

As for coffee and tea: regular coffee, decaf coffee, tea, iced tea, and lemonade are free in the dining rooms and in the buffet

The coffee card is for specialty coffee: blended coffe drinks, cappuchinos, espressos, lattes, etc.

If you order tea at the International coffee bar, it's $1. Otherwise it is free, and there is a large selection beyond lipton regular and decaf at the buffet and in the dining room.

Don't know anything about the train, but it takes 60 to 90 minutes by car to get to Rome, depending on traffic.

Earlier post advises you of a 5:15 muster, and you should be on board for that.

• 2 weeks later...

YOU CAN BUYA COFFEE CARD FOR CAPPACINO , ESPRESSO ETC LIKE A SODA CARD FOR THE KIDS ONLU IT IS NOT UNLIMITED ALSO YOU SHOULD CHECK IN ON THE SHIP THEN GO OUT INTO bARCELONA IT IS EASY TO GET BACK TO THE PORT ESPECIALLY WITHOUT LUGGAGE

Thanks

Are you on the Sept.1 or Sept. 25 cruise?

MDW and I were on 28 May Ruby Princess, participated in our Roll Call for about one year and arranged seven private tours (Monte Carlo, Livorno, Rome, Amalfi coast/Pompeii, Istanbul, Kusadasi, Piraeus) for 4 couples at the first three ports and for 8 couples at the last four ports). I've compiled a large web resource list organized by port, Barcelona to Venice and would be pleased to email it to anyone who is interested. We were especially impressed with two of our drivers in Italy, our guides in Turkey, and our driver in Piraeus. Highlights included Terrace Houses in Ephesus, an active archeological site that has only been open to tourists for the last three years. We missed the beautiful new Acropolis museum as its opening was three weeks away.

Can't promise what weather or tourist crowds will greet you, but I'd be pleased to comment on our experiences and try to answer any questions.

David

traveltoports@yahoo.com

Archived